I don't really remember all the workouts from the last week and a half. I can say that it's hard to believe August is here! I have 6 weeks until the Triathlon! Yay!
We were at the lake this week and I worked out Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
Thursday: Bike 9 miles, immediate run 3 miles(8:38/mile pace) This was a favorite run because I ran with my friend, Shelly Atwood. Due to her extreme aversion to running and sweating when we were neighbors a few years ago, I never dreamed I'd one day run with her. A move to Anapolis and newfound dedication for regular exercise turned her into a runner! Later in the day I swam at Sandy Beach while the kids played. Not sure how far but it was enough.
Friday: Swim laps until exhausted, then ran home from the beach (2 miles at 8:21/mile pace). It was 2:00 in the afternoon and 100 degrees out, so 2 miles was quite enough : )
Saturday: First time to do all three together! Jeff and I got up at 7:00, put the bike in the boat, and headed to Sandy Beach. We swam together 200m, then I biked 8-10 miles, followed by a 2.5 mile run. Transitions were slow, but that takes work and I'll focus on them in the coming month. I did almost half my triathlon and felt good, even the swim. My body was achingly tired yesterday, and I'm still sore as I type on Sunday morning. However, three days in a row of good workouts with the third being half my tri...I'll take some soreness. Today is a happy day of resting :)
I have to brag on Jeff. I had gotten all my gear ready on Friday night, but he cheerfully got up with me Saturday morning and supported me throughout the entire workout. He loaded my bike and other stuff in the boat while I ate some yogurt and nuts. Then, he set everything out on the pier while I went to the potty at the beach (in the potty, of course!). He swam with me, then drove the boat home and changed into running clothes while I biked, then drove to pick me up. He loaded my bike while I changed in the car, then ran with me. He had brought water in the car, loaned me his sunglasses because I forgot mine, and encouraged me the entire time. That guy is super awesome and I'm glad he's on my team : )
8.04.2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment