6.21.2007

SUCCESS!!!!!!!

We are jumping with joy here in the Durand household. Yes, even Jeff is jumping and talking in a shrill voice and for good reason. After one week, Addi has finally gone poo-poo in the potty! I know its gross but many have been asking about the potty training and are keeping up with her lack of bowel movements this past week. We took some pretty drastic steps to make it happen but I'm pretty sure that we've reached our final goal: a 100% independent potty-using girl. Recap of our training:
Thursday--three hours of intense potty training, 1 accident during training
Friday--no accidents
Saturday--no accidents
Sunday--wet pants when Addi told me she needed to go but I didn't get the car stopped in time.
Monday--dirty pants (1)
Tuesday--dirty pants (1), wet pants at naptime
Wednesday--no accidents
Thursday--poo-poo in potty AND first time to toilet herself without even telling me she was going (I just heard the flush and saw her come out tugging her pants up.

One week and we are ALL DONE!!! Yea! No pictures because well, that would be a gross invasion of Addi's privacy. Check back soon for pics of our visits with friends and maybe of a new car.

One happy mom signing off.

2 comments:

Tressa said...

CONGRATS Addi! I am so proud of you and mommy! That is the way to do it I tell ya! Why dont we send Addi out this way to give Dylan some wisdom on potty training.

Hey, check our blog to make a difference!
http://the6stricklands.blogspot.com/2007/06/making-difference.html

Anonymous said...

way to go, addi! i knew she was g/t.
tricia-
call me sometime when you get a second (ha!). i'd love to catch up!
robin