12.17.2007

Wedding weekend

Pictures coming soon. My pictures do not do justice to the wedding or to Addi, the cutest flower girl on the planet. I've got family membes sending me pictures as they have time so check back.

I have to brag on Addi because she was so incredibly cute walking down that aisle with Killion, the 8 year-old ring bearer. We've had his picture hanging on our refrigerator for months so she could be familiar with his face. They met at the rehearsal...Killion gave her some candy and she fell in love. Aunt Margaret had Addi running laps around the sanctuary during rehearsal so I thought that a running flower girl was a real possibility on Saturday. But Addi surprised us...she took Killion's hand at the wedding and started down the aisle with him. She hesitated and looked back when the doors closed behind them, but Killion kept going so she decided to go with him. I was at the back but I heard that she just looked at all the guests and gave smiles to those she recognized. When she saw Jeff, she smiled really big but kept on walking toward the attendant who was waiting for her. She even sat pretty quietly during the ceremony--but I was bribing her with M&Ms at that point. She had a blast at Emily's "fancy party," aka the reception, although she did cause one akward moment when she tried to cut in on Kolby and Emily's first dance. For some reason, Emily wouldn't let Addi dance with Kolby so I had to get her off the dance floor. I think I was more embrassed than anyone--I'm just glad neither of them tripped over her.

I guess some of you might not know what wedding I'm talking about. Emily is my cousin on my mom's side and she use to babysit Addi when we lived in Waco and she was at Baylor. They have a special bond and I doubt Addi would have been so sweet for just anyone. She was very tired and hungry by picture time but decided to cooperate and pose for a group picture "to make cousin Emily's heart happy." She just loves her cousin Emily and now, cousin Kolby.

1 comment:

Tressa said...

Awwwww, how sweet. I cant wait to see the pics! I can only imagine how beautiful Addi looked all dressed up. Isnt it an honor to have your daughter a flower girl? Kayla and Emily have had been a flower girls many times. It definitely makes for some great pictures!