
It was really windy and the waves would knock the girls over if we didn't hold onto them. We all got our arm work outs for the day! This is Debra holding Rebecca and Caroline while Addi and I made our way out to join them. Jacquelyn (mom to Rebecca) had Jackson and the camera.

Caroline, Jackson, Rebecca, and Addi

Addi's first jet ski ride. She likes to "Tear it up and shred it" as Uncle Tim taught her to say.

Jackson had a lot of fun waiting his turn to ride the jet ski thanks to his crazy Uncle Tim (I know what the pic looks like with a red-faced toddler in a cammo cap wearing a life jacket over his clothes drinking beer, but we're really not rednecks...promise).

"Just get me back to the dock so I can get my beer before it gets too hot!"

Crazy hair after his wild ride.

We hosted our Webb Family Lake Extravaganza this past weekend. We had a total of 18 present for a fun-filled weekend. Sadly, it was not well documented. I forgot my camera on every single boat ride which is truly sad because there were plenty of very nice wipe-outs that should have been recorded. Tim, Brad, and Jeff are totally fearless (but I did hear Tim say he's feeling older and more achy this year).
Here's the lowdown on the greater Webb family for those interested. (Skip to the pics if you're not). Kay and Jim Campbell have Paul, Debby, and Steve. Paul had to stay home for work, Steve is in Germany, and Debby's husband, Dan, is a HS principal in San Diego and they weren't out of school yet. Uncle Jim and Aunt Kay represented their family well, but we expect their "kids" to make up for missing the weekend with a double long trip next year : ) Brian and Margaret Webb have added some family members to their clan and they all came out for the weekend. Brad married Remy last August and Emily married Kolby in December. Russell is headed to Baylor this fall (Sic'em Bears!). Then there's my family and we were all in attendance as well. Tim is married to Leslie and Kyle is marrying Melissa in November. That's us in a nutshell, now on to the few pictures I have...
Cousin Kolby doing some sort of trick off the trapeze.

Little Jack with his big Uncle Kyle.

Here's Jackson looking totally macho getting ready for his first swim in the lake.

He liked splashing for a little while but he got cold pretty quick and fussed to get out. I think that once the water warms up a bit he'll never want out.

Addi did NOT love swimming, even with her favorite cousin Emily. She refused to let go and float on her own. She did swim/flail her way to the ladder by herself (about 6 inches) to get a peppermint, but she wouldn't get back in the water after that. Little weird-o. Side note: I took her to the pool today--would not get in the water. She sat on the side the entire time watching Caroline and Jackson play. She can touch easily in the pool here and everything. You other mamas out there have any suggestions for me??

Aunt Leslie doing her "laundry game" with Addi--I'm pretty sure Addi was in the dryer at this point. Who knows where Les comes up with this stuff but Addi LOVES it.

Jackson will do ANYTHING to give Kate some good lovin'...

Kate was depressed about coming home from the lake so we took her to the river for a little playtime yesterday.

I'll close with this semi-funny story. When we got to the edge of the river, we told Addi she could go a little ways into the water. The next thing we knew, she was standing there peeing at the edge of the river---fully clothed and not yet wet...well, you know. Obviously she's confused about the rules of when it's okay to pee in the water. Okay, so maybe we are rednecks since we do encourage her to go in the lake and since we're having to clarify that it's only when you're IN the water with a swim suit on (but NOT the pool). No wonder she's confused.
6 comments:
Hey girl, I found your blog and loved looking at pics of your sweet family! :)
It looks like such fun! It makes even sadder we are going to miss it this year! Have extra fun for us :)
One day she doesn't want in the lake and the next she is in the river running. I suspect this is a very good example of having figured two things, one is I don't have to if I don't want to, the second is control. Strong willed and in charge, wow where could those two traits have come from?
Love Papa
Your family is os adorable! Addi and Jackson are really cuties!
What excellent pictures! I love the one with the four kiddos all lined up playing at the shore.
Looks like you guys had a blast! We would love to see you guys sometime this summer, maybe we can plan on an adventure sometime near your area.
BLESSINGS!!
Man, we really missed hanging out with the "Webbs" at the lake! Wish we could've been there! Hopefully next year, though.
Post a Comment