5.24.2008

Hot Day Fun

Summer is obviously here because it's HOT!  We haven't played outside much this week because it's been so miserably muggy and hot, but today we ventured out for a little water play.  Jackson got this splash pool for his birthday and this was the first time for us to get it out.  Addi charged right in and got down to business, but Jackson was a little hesitant at first.

Once he figured out how to get in without slipping all over the place, he went crazy with the splashing. He's not allowed to splash "big splashes" in the bath, so he loved the freedom out here. I think they both did.

In this picture, he was turned around telling Kate all about his fun.  He noticed her watching through the fence and just started squealing and jabbering away.  No matter how much of a good time Jackson is having, he's never too busy to stop and talk to his dog. He LOVES Kate!
While I was supervising the kiddos, I noticed something interesting happening on the roof of the car.  I know it's weird, but it's a cool nature shot.  These three wasps/yellow jackets/whatevers were all stacked on top of each other for a very long time--at least 30 minutes.  I thought they were mating but since that doesn't typically involve 3, I don't know what they were doing.  Doesn't the bottom one just look defeated?  The top two have their antennae up, but the bottom one's are just droopy.  Poor thing.

5 comments:

G-Mom said...

How beautiful Addi's new furniture is! You really know how to make it a total makeover. I'll miss the wall (and ceiling) hangings she had, though. Are you sure they won't look good against the new color, too?

The kiddos looked like they were having MUCH fun in the splash pool. Maybe it will cut down on the splashing they do in my tub, too - or when I'm supervising them in your tub!

I'm glad you're into the nature thing. Maybe one day we'll learn what that was all about...triple bunk beds, maybe?

Jennings said...

Looks like fun. Wish we were there, especially since it is cold and rainy here.

Remy said...

I love it! I can't wait to see yall! woohoo for Webb lake weekend!!!

The Jesters said...

Addi's new room looks beautiful. Great job you guys! The pool time looks fun, too. Perfect for those hot, muggy TX days.

Tressa said...

Thats a neat pool thing. Taylor got one kind of like it, its a bit smaller. He has so much fun on it!

I hope you guys have a super summer! Maybe we can meet up sometime and have some fun!