Addi and I took advantage of a nice summer rain shower yesterday to play outside. Actually, Addi played in the rain while I supervised and shopped online. I didn't actually buy anything but I had a great time filling my online shopping bag with unauthorized purchases and wondering what would Jeff would say if I ordered some things. I've just discovered lucy.com thanks to my mother-in-law...girls, you should check it out since they've got the cutest clothes ever! Okay, back on track...Addi was playing in the rain. She spent quite a bit of time filling a bowl with water shooting out the rain gutter and dumping it on her ball. On one of her trips across the driveway to "wash the ball," she noticed that the neighbors had a nice sized water puddle in the corner of their driveway. I looked up from my pretend shopping to see this:


Clearly we need to take Addi to the pool more often. She was shouting "Mommy watch! Addi is swimming!" Poor kid thinks she's swimming in two inches of water. I let her play like this until she started trying to drink the water then we moved the "swimming" to the bath. Its nice to have rain that does not involve thunder or lightning so we can get out and splash in the puddles.
3 comments:
look like fun! that's one of our favorite things to do, but my boys always seem to find the mud puddles instead of the water puddles.
Hey! Driveway swimming is the best! Addi is really on to something... I looked at lucy.com- cute stuff! Unfortunately, my wardrobe purchases are, from now till next May, governed by whether or not I can wear the clothes to work...
I just got back from Oklahoma with the family- I will give you a call!
Robin
Gotta love a girl who's easily entertained! She's definitely a water baby. Can't wait to see ya'll in a couple of weeks at the wedding.
Love,
Debby
Post a Comment