8.09.2007

We've Gone Green...and More

We finally got our new car! We've had "The Ghost" for about 2 weeks now and we absolutely LOVE it! Jeff and I argue about who's going to drive anytime we go somewhere because its just an awesome car. It's a Camry Hybrid and it drives like a dream. A lot of people ask if we have to plug it in and the answer is no, its a hybrid car. Its got a gas motor that boosts the electric motor when needed. We've averaged about 36 mpg so far and we'll see how she does on a roadtrip this weekend. We're definitely still learning how to drive to get the maximum mileage per gallon. Pretty fun stuff.

On to an even better topic...Jackson. He is such a joy! He is absolutely the happiest, most loving baby on the planet. He just lights up when he sees a familiar face and his smile almost takes up his entire face. He even smiles with his eyes, which I think is precious. He's laughing quite a bit these days but only when he wants to. One thing might get a great belly laugh one day but the next gets only an adorable smile. Its hard to get him to laugh for others because I don't know what's going to get to him on that particular day. He wakes up around 6:15 in the morning and we hear the sweetest talking coming through the monitor---but we don't get up because he always drifts back to sleep after about 15-30 minutes of play. I end up having to wake him up to feed him around 8:00. Such a baby doll! He's also learning how to flip himself over. He'll be on his back and roll almost completely over onto his tummy (only an arm to keep him from completing the turn), then he'll flop back onto his back. He takes great delight in doing this over and over and over and over. Just back and forth all day long. Here's a recent picture of that cute boy.

Now, about Addi. She's still my favorite little girl EVEN THOUGH she decided to redecorate the house the other day...with fingernail polish. She was trying to "Paint the toenails" and she managed to sling about 3/4 bottle of polish throughout our bathroom and bedroom, in the living room and on a lot of clothes. I was in the middle of cleaning out my drawers so the contents were on the floor in my bedroom and a lot of those things ended up in the trash. A list of things Addi painted in about 3 minutes: counter tops and floor in the bathroom, fireplace in bedroom, carpet in bedroom, blanket on our bed, my favorite t-shirt, many other items of my clothing (Jeff chunked them, I couldn't look), her own clothes, carpet in the living room and her entire big toe. I'm not talking about little drops either...there were slung globs of paint everywhere. The bottle was brand new and I had only painted my toes once and her toes once from it. Here is what is left after our little experience:

Thankfully, we were able to save the carpet. We let it dry completely, then Jeff spent almost an hour cutting the polish out of the carpet. You can barely see where it was. The only evidence remaining in our home is a funny colored spot on the fireplace and the nice pink streak on our bed. The rest of the stuff either cleaned up or went into the trash. What a fun day that was.
Here's one cute pic of my family eating breakfast.

4 comments:

Brian and Becca said...

Good idea in the carpet. Cora painted our bedroom carpet with fingernail polish also and I have done everything I could think of to get it up. I did a whole internet search and tried every idea I could find and finally came to the conclusion that we were just going to have to cut out that section of carpet and replace it, but I'll try that first. Your kids are so cute, I love Jacksons sweet smile.

Tressa said...

Never a dull moment with a two year old around. At times, I have to remind myself, this child is MORE important than any-thing. And it makes me wonder, did Addi think of a plan: how to cover as much ground as possible is so little time while she can.
I like the car. Thanks guys for helping save the planet. Is the engine real quiet? Almost like its not running at all?
Jackson is a cutie, he has a great big smile. Taylor is starting in on those belly laughs, I love it. I actually got it on video yesterday, I hope to post it up soon!
Blessings over you and your beautiful family!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the joys of being a parent. I am sure this is simply a payback for things you and Jeffery did at the same age.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new baby!! Sorry it's late, but I have been really out of the loop! Sounds like everyone is doing well and having lots of fun (especially with nail polish)! We are excited about our new little girl. We have just a few more months. Good to hear from you. God bless you and your family!

Kristin