Well, Jeff kicked some major hiney on his test today. Somewhere between 34 and 38 guys took the test and as of right now, Jeff is sitting tied for the #3 spot. That means that it is very likely that he will get promoted off this list in the next year or two. Also, he thinks he has the top score on his shift which means that as soon as the list becomes active in November, he'll get to move right up to working out of class. Its not an official promotion because he'll be filling in for an engineer that is off on extended sick leave rather than taking over for someone who has retired or moved up ranks...but it does mean practice and a pay raise! Woo-hoo!
There is still one more section of the test and that will come in the next two weeks. Each person has to be evaluated by a captain and a Lt as they perform a series of scenarios on the truck. Its an actual hands-on test and is scored by the two evaluators. That will determine the final rankings. I'll update the post when he finishes with that portion of the test...but today's was the BIG part that he's been studying for all these months. Its a relief to have it over with. Leave a comment to encouage Jeff because its just awesome that he did so well. He's the only guy from his class that tested meaning all the others have been with the department for several years longer than Jeff. My hubby is pretty amazing!
10.05.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Congrats Jeff! Now you can get back to your other job- cleaning the kitchen floor! I know Tricia will be happy! She is lucky to have such a cleaner for a husband!
Way to go! I'm not surprised at all...
Proud of you Jeff, having taken a couple of these type test I can fully appreciate the time and commitment you made to study. Great job! Tricia I also understand the commitment and sacrifice you and the kids made for his study time. You guys make a great team.
Enough! like Jon said, get back to cleaning Jeff!
Walt
Wow Jeff, tied for #3 is nothing to sneeze at! (We were praying!)
Joel and I are so proud of you and your accomplishments Jeff. Trish is a lucky woman to have an amazing man leading her family!
We will continue to pray that your skills, talent and knowledge will be known among your superiors and a promotion will be in your near future!
Love you guys,
Joel and Tressa
Jeff, congratulations man. Did any of the questions deal with installing smoke detectors on lake front property. I'll bet you did pretty good on those questions. Once again, blessings to you all and praise the Lord for His provision for your home.
Let me know if you want me to make the guys who scored #1 and #2 disappear.
-K-
Very impressive, Jeff! Congratulations!
Love, Debby & Dan
Jeff,
Dad and I are very proud of you..We know that all your hard studying paid off for you and your family. Tricia, great job at being a great wife and mother.
Susie
Congratulations Jeff. That is super great news! --Lynch Family
I would LOVE to catch up- call me when you can! :)
-robin
Post a Comment