Addi is, in my opinion, the most precious little girl on the planet. I remember my mom telling me about the first time I helped her make her bed without being asked. She said I just stepped to one side and helped her pull the sheets and blankets up nicely. I love that story because I can tell that my mom cherishes the memory and now we have a similar memory in our family. We keep all of our paper/plastic goods in a cabinet near the table simply because it's a handy place to store those things. Last night while Jeff and I were working together to prepare dinner, Jackson was playing with the straws and cups (his personal fave), and Addi was busy bossing him around and cleaning up his messes. We kept noticing her going over to the water cooler with her plastic cups, but she's typically very obedient about not playing with the water so we assumed she was pretending. We couldn't see what she was really doing because (embarrassingly) there was a monstrous pile of laundry on the table. When I moved the laundry to better see the kids, this is what Addi had done:

Yes, she set the table. It was complete with small paper plates, plastic spoons, and water in our cups...she even filled ours up and hers only half-way. She was so proud of herself for helping and we were so proud that she took the initiative. SO PRECIOUS! We definitely ate chicken, green beans, and potatoes off these tiny plates with plastic spoons and it was wonderful.
PS I have posted a couple of new recipes if anyone wants to check them out. They're delicious!
4 comments:
test comment, after accusations that my blog got "cranky."
that's precious! i love moments like that...especially on rough days :)
What a sweet girl! When are we going to see yall next? Are you still coming shopping in Allen?
oh my gosh! how adorable! thanks for the advice on babywise II! i have it, but i need to read it again! thanks for the kind words!! ;)
Post a Comment