3.01.2008

Hunting

We spent last weekend out at the deer lease quail hunting. We don't get too many opportunities to get Kate out bird hunting so we really enjoyed this time. She found a lot of birds and pointed them beautifully. I've gotta say, I don't think there is any hunting scenario more beautiful than a good dog on a hard point with it's hunter walking in behind her. Absolutely breathtaking. Even Addi stopped talking long enough to watch Kate and her daddy hunt. I carried her in the backpack for one hunt since I'm not so good with the shotgun. I did the best I could with the pictures but it was tough to get the camara ready quick enough for that brief pause before the birds flush up and the shooting begins. The first pic is Jeff looking for Kate--the grass was tall in a lot of places so it was hard to spot her when she stopped to point. The second is Kate pointing a pair of quail and Jeff walking in. I barely got this shot before they flushed up and flew off to the other side of a ravine.

No comments: