5.26.2010

Mom's Day--2010

It was a sweet day with my three little ones!

I cannot believe Jeff and I have three kiddos and that Addi is 5! She's going to Kindergarten in the fall and it's just shocking how time has flown by. She's a little girl, growing up so fast.

Jackson is a loving, wild, precious little boy. He's just a nut but is the most loving child I've ever known. He LOVES his sisters and would rather sit talking with Laura than do anything else in the world. He is completely smitten.

Laura is absolutely the most precious baby around. Her fat, roly thighs are a delight and she loves "talking" with anyone...especially if she's safe in my arms. More of a mama's girl than either of the other two and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

We had baby dedication at church on Mother's Day this year and since we never dedicated Jackson, we decided to do him that day as well. It was precious standing up on the stage as a family, looking out at the church body that has loved our children over the last several years. It is a wonderful thing to know that there are huge numbers of adults and teens who adore our kids. As Addi, Jackson and Laura grow older, I know these folks will continue to care for them and will be able to step in and teach in ways that I cannot. We are grateful for this community!

Here are a few pics from the special day:


I have no idea what I was laughing at in the top picture, but I remember well the bottom picture. Addi was a little nervous about being on stage so I was telling her, by name, all the people out there who love her as we searched for their special faces. 

Jackson, on the other hand, was not shy. He received his special Bible with glee and immediately took it out of the box and did something that completely melted my heart. He opened his Bible and touched a verse gently and said, "This is the Bible, God's Holy Word. Touch right here (pointing). This is God's Holy Word. Touch it. It's very special." He walked up and down the stage asking others if they wanted to touch "God's Holy Word." It was a tender, special moment for me because I know he learned to treasure the Bible, God's Holy Word, at BSF this year. I drive in to Ft. Worth every Wednesday morning with all three kids. It's hard to get there at times and I almost quit going after Laura was born. It's hard with her schedule and completely "messes up" our Wednesdays. But our three year old boy, who is otherwise only gentle with his baby sister, has learned to revere and treasure his Bible. He can't read, but he knows the words are important. It was my most special Mother's Day gift this year.

Of course, Jeff and the kids made their annual Mother's Day gift shopping trip this year, too. I LOVE what they picked out for me. Not going to lie...it was MUCH better than last year's navy blue crocs that Addi picked out because she wanted us to match. I think I wore them to the pool once. Jeff always asks what they want to get me and they get it, no matter what they say (within the budget) so I never know what is going to hop out of that bag. Here's this year's gifts:

The chocolate is from Addi. Her answer to Jeff's question was "CANDY!!" so he took her to the candy aisle and she picked out a few of "our" favorites.  Jeff picked out a Wilton cake decorating kit because I've been wanting one for years.  I've already used it twice and I absolutely LOVE it!  

Jackson wanted to get me "Spooky eyeballs" and Jeff did his best to help him find some. Jackson was so proud of his gift and I think I'll cherish this little baggie forever because it will always remind me of this phase my boy is going through were everything is "eyeballs" or "guts" with or without the "spooky" qualifier on the front.

Jeff helped them to sign a card for me and this is what Addi dictated for him to write as my Mother's Day message:
Seriously, could my kids be any more precious?  "We love you mom.  We just help.  We pray for you and Jesus died on the cross!"  My little truth teller!  She loves to share God's word with others.  

I love my sweet little family and wouldn't trade a single one of them for the world!  And I'm especially thankful for the daddy of this house.  He's the best and I'd be a terrible mother without his love and encouragement.  He provides for us so well, balances out my crazy days with his calmness, and loves his children more than any dad I know.  I am one lucky woman for sure!

Sniff, sniff.

And guess what!  We already had a vacation and I will be posting pics of that very soon.  There are a bunch and editing takes quite a bit of time that I just can't seem to find. : )

3 comments:

The Jesters said...

What awesome pictures (the girls' dresses are adorable!) and stories from Mother's Day. You've got three precious kids who know how to make Mom happy! Can't beat candy & eyeballs - haha!

Emily and Kolby said...

Those church outfits are adorable... especially those dresses! What a precious family! Let's meet at the ranch soon, can't wait to see you guys again and hold Laura.

kathy Strickland said...

What joy it must bring to your heart to know that Jackson at such an early age is aware of and in awe of "God's Holy Written word"

You are blessed beyond measure! May your children always rise up and bless you!