Hi folks.
It's been a while. Sorry about that.
I have a couple of things to write about and many, many pictures to post.
But I don't have time for that right now.
You see, we've been spending a lot of time at the lake this summer. When we're home, we're catching up with friends, unpacking, and repacking for our next trip to the lake. There's no internet at the lake.
I don't mind that at all.
But it's left me very behind on blogging.
My camera is loaded with pictures, but I simply haven't made the time to upload them to the computer and edit them for blogging.
I have better things to do.
And I'm so very sorry for that.
Here are a few things that I will be blogging about that I don't ever, ever want to forget:
1. The kids spend hours jumping off the dock and swimming at the lake while Jeff and I sit in our comfy chairs on the dock. Laura plays in her pack-n-play on the dock or naps in the house. That's how we've spent our summer so far.
2. Both kids have been learning to dive. Jackson mastered a back dive and did it endlessly over the course of one weekend. But on his last attempt, he forgot to jump backwards and did a back flop on the dock. It was terrible and horrible and I have it on video. I will not be posting that video on here because it looks like my boy dies. But he didn't. He was barely hurt, thanks to his trusty life jacket. He will probably never do a back dive again.
3. Laura is precious and I love her.
4. Addi is going to Kindergarten in 21 days. She is growing up right before our eyes. Yesterday, she swam laps in the lap pool. Then, she gave herself a shower completely by herself while I fed the two littler ones lunch. Last week, she begged for chores so she could earn $9.71 to buy a motorcycle toy she's been wanting. She sorted, folded and put away laundry; unloaded the dishwasher; dusted, sorted and organized toys in the playroom; helped Jeff clean the fans; and did several other things that I can't remember. I took her to Wal Mart that evening and she proudly bought that toy by herself. It was a big day.
5. We had a water balloon fight as a family to celebrate our day of hard work. Jeff left a huge bruise on Jackson's back because he threw the balloons too hard. The kids got paid 1¢ for each piece of balloon they picked up afterwards.
6. Jackson has always said "Tookie" for cookie and "tar" for car and "dreen" for green. His "K" sound always comes out as a "t" and his "G" is always a "d." It's very normal and the kid talks very well, but I've been wondering when he'd start correcting his sounds. Last week, all on his own, he said "Mom, can I have a tookie? I mean, a cookie?" Later he said, "I like the balloon that is dreen. I mean, green." He just started correcting those sounds all by himself and has continued to do so when he hears himself slip up. It's kinda nice.
There is a lot more, I'm sure. Someday I'll put those pics on the computer and write a real blog post. Until then, just know that my children are growing up way too fast and I don't like it at all.
8.03.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Is it weird that I kind of want to see the video of Jackson's dive?
My parents are coming in town this weekend to help me with a big house project that I'm surprising Kolby with, but we need to all meet at the ranch one weekend soon. Kolby hasn't even met Laura yet... that needs to be fixed!
Sounds like an amazing summer, and fortunately no one has died from lack of the Internet. I've been wondering about you guys, though. Can't wait to see you Labor Day weekend!
I want to see that video of "the dive". Sounds like a great summer with lots of memories.
Sounds like you are having a great summer and making great memories with your family.
Your children will long remember these days!
Post a Comment