4.07.2007

Snowy first day home

Jackson's first day home was a cold one! We woke up to snow falling and the ground was actually covered in snow 3 times today. Texas covered, I mean. Wouldn't have been great for building a snowman or anything but for Texas, it was a great snow day. If the rain would have stayed away and not melted the snow on the ground, it would have been more beautiful. As it was, it snowed and the rain melted it away, snowed again followed by more rain, and so on. It would have been more fitting at Christmas time but we'll probably be sunning by the pool on Dec 25th this year. Anyways, Addi was quite excited by the snow and ran from window to window shouting about it. Jeff and Addi made a store run and Addi enjoyed sloshing through the snowy grass and having it falling on her nose. Jackson steadfastly ignored the weather and slept through it all. Here's a picture of the snow falling outside on Jackson's first full day in the big world.

These past few weeks in my Bible study, I've been realizing that God is the Author of Perfection. His plans, His timing, His creations, etc. I'm pretty sure that a newborn is my favorite of all His creation and Jackson is great evidence of His perfection. He has physical blemishes and will have sick times and all, but He has been created by God and is therefore perfect. I love holding him at night after he's eaten. The house is peaceful and I don't feel rushed to hand him off for someone else's "turn" holding him, so I just sit and stare. Its pretty hard to put him down and go back to sleep. I remember this same "problem" with Addi and I know its not curable for me. Seriously, look at that face...

Its hard to tell in this photo, but his eyes are almost completely brown. There's a tiny bit of blue (he is a newborn after all) but they are mostly brown, like Jeff's. The rest of his features are yet to be determined since he's still squished from delivery so we'll play the "who does he look like?" game in a few days or weeks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh sweet honey boy! I miss him already!! And I almost cried reading what you wrote. Very moving. I miss you and love you lots! I'll see you soon and I promise to bring whatever sweet treat you request.

the sealey family said...

Awesome!!! I'm so happy for you guys!!! Can't wait to see you guys and hold that little guy! Love you and will probably see you very soon! :)

Tressa said...

WOW! You guys are so blessed! Your right Trish, God is amazing! Jackson is such a handsome boy! I bet Addi is one proud big sister! She even looks like a big sister now!! Im praying that this time of transitioning to a family of four will be peaceful and perfect in everyway! Love you all!
Tressa and family!