9.30.2007

We wouldn't change a thing

Not one thing about Addi. Sure, she throws her fits and whines a bit much...but she'll learn how to communicate and how to express her individual thoughts in a better way. The sweet moments we have with Addi far outweigh the naughty ones. Take the other morning for example. We had to be out of the house by 8:30 (me and the kids) and on mornings like these, I try to be ready before I get Jackson up. He was getting fussy and I was trying to finish my cereal so Addi stepped in to "help." She took her stool into Jack's room and stood by his bed to talk to him until I was ready to feed him. So sweet...

And then yesterday, Addi played in the living room while Jeff and I worked on some things in the kitchen. We went in to check on her and this is what she had been doing.

Maybe she'll have a future in the military or as a professional organizer. We'll see. The last thing she has done recently to amaze us is this:

I heard her wake up from her nap yesterday but she didn't come out of her room until about 20 minutes later. Apparently she had been making her bed. Jeff and I are working on developing the habit of making our own bed each day (its not made today but I have a good excuse!) so that we can teach our kids to do the same. Maybe Addi is planning to teach us instead. Strange indeed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! She can make her bed exceptionally well for a 2-year-old. I love the oganizational skills, too. She'll be a natural mathematician! It appears, though, that she also has good creative juices flowing on the other side of her brain, too. I'm sure you're in for many interesting experiences with her! Try to cherish them because she is truly a treasure.

Kelly said...

How sweet is that! What a cutie Addi is!

Tressa said...

I think its probably one of my favorite things about children- their imagination! TO see what they create and make and how they play. Its amazing! It looks like to me, Addi has a very wonderful imagination!
Keep feeding her imagination- I think it helps them become who they are in life!

the sealey family said...

I LOVE IT!!! That's awesome! She is totally OCD. Someday she and I (and maybe little Aniyah if she goes that direction!) can compare organizational/cleaning obsession notes! Ohh how fun!

Mandy said...

I can say Addi has left me behind - if my kids are so organized I will have to send them to you and Lisa's to visit!