9.08.2008

All About Jack...

Jackson is 17 months and two days old.  I thought I'd go ahead and post about my boy even though he's not quite to that 1 1/2 mark yet.  We will be playing at the beach about then so my posts will be more about that than his big milestone.  I got a tiny bit of my creativity back so I created an acrostic to describe the handsome little man.  

Jolly.  He's the most cheerful little fellow and is happy most of the time.
Adores his sister, no matter how badly she treats him at times.  If she's upset, he'll follow her to her room.  When he can't find her, he wonders the house shouting "Addi, ADDI!"
Cuddly.  Jack ALWAYS has a kiss and a snuggle for me, no matter how busy he is.  
Knack for words.  He learns new words every day, mostly from Addi.  Some of my favorites are belly, roach, please, boat, apple, and zebra.  (I wrote his complete word list at the bottom so I'll always remember.)
Soft-hearted.  He gets upset when Addi cries and gets his feelings hurt when she is not nice to him.  
Opinionated.  Try giving him the wrong type of sandwich or taking away a toy and you'll hear about it, loudly.
Not distractable.  If he's playing hard, you can't get his attention.  If he wants something, he won't be distracted by anything less.  His ability to focus and not give up will serve him well in the long run, but it's a bit tricky to encourage while he's a stubborn toddler.

I'm just loving this stage right now because he's so curious and busy, yet sweet and loving.  He learns new words and skills every day so there are a lot of changes from week to week.  It definitely keeps me on my toes!  He's starting to antagonize his sister a bit by pulling her hair, taking her toys, and barging into her room when she wants to be alone.  She throws a loud fit about it and he just laughs.  Her temper is pretty funny (sometimes) so I can't say I blame him, BUT we're absolutely working on it with both of them.  

Here are all the words Jackson is saying as of today:  Mommy, Daddy, Addi, G, Nana, Papa, Grandpa, Kate, eat, ball, bath, bird, hot, waffle (wa-wa), no, hat, me, please, train, boat (newest word), firetruck, mail, go, door, baby, Bible, elephant (ewapunt), zebra, elbow, belly, knees, toes, nose, eyes, house, apple, trash, roach (woach, word for all bugs), gross (gwoss, often paired with roach), dance.  Phrases are:  "here go," "thank you," "bye, mom."

I can't wait to hear what else he has to say.  He's very talkative and jabbers ALL THE TIME.  He's been noisy since he was a baby.  Addi was the opposite, very quiet as a baby and toddler but talks almost too much now.  Their personalities are very different but they're also a lot alike.  And they do love each other quite a bit.  They're pretty great...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great note! I would think that both are so special because they have very special parents who are doing a great job.

Dad