9.10.2008

First Day of "School"

Woo-Hoo!  Addi did not shed one tear today when I dropped her off for her first day in BSF, which we've been calling "Bible School."  I have had many, many people praying for her this morning that she would not have her typical breakdown when faced with a new situation.  I'm pleased to report that, though she was hesitant at drop-off time, she held her fears off and determined to have fun.  And have fun she did!  When I picked her up, she was about to burst with all the things she had to tell me.  Her first words as she came out the door were "Mom!  That was SO fun!"  Then she turned to her teacher and told her she'd see her next week.  Thanks for all of you who have been praying for her success today...your prayers were answered beyond my wildest expectations.  To be honest, I learned a lesson today.  I have been asking for prayers about this hoping that she'd just get over her fit quickly and not be too disruptive about it.  It didn't even cross my mind to hope and pray for no tears at all.  Next time I'll go all out in my requests to be sure.  

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Yeah for BSF. We go to BSF on Wednesdays too!

kathy Strickland said...

Yeah Addi! What a big girl you have become! Uncle Willie and I are very proud of you!

Brian and Becca said...

yay addi! way to go girl! we are so proud of you!

i'm 0 for 3 on that one! :) sorry we missed you guys the other weekend too! we were moving that weekend so we could only stop by for a sec.

hope everything is going well for you guys. the kids are getting cuter everyday!