12.14.2008

Addi-ism and Other News

***Don't miss the marathon update below!!!***

Both of our kids are sick and have been for a couple of days.  It's just fever and some stomach issues, but it hasn't been fun.  The Durands were AWESOME to take care of the sickies today while Jeff and I were running.  Susie reported that Addi didn't eat much today.  Addi reported differently in the car on the way home.  It's all in how you view things.

Addi:  I ate a chocolate cookie and had sweet tea.

Me:  Yummy.

Addi:  I ate two Popsicles and some peppermints and...

About a month ago, Addi asked me if a peppermint was "junk food" and I said it was. She confided in me then that Nana gives her lots of junk food. Grandparents=treats and I've gone to counseling about it and decided that it's fine with me... 

Me:  Addi, I stop telling me what you ate at Nana's.  I don't want to know.

Addi:  Why don't you want to know?

Me:  Well, we know that Nana gives you junk food.  It's special at Nana's house and I don't want to hear about it.  

Addi, very indignantly:  WELL, tilapia (fish) isn't junk food!

2 comments:

kathy Strickland said...

As a Granny, I know how easy it is to spoil those little ones and so hard to refuse them anything.

So as you might guess, I am given a limit as to "how much" I can spoil our little ones. Sadly, Willie reminds me when that limit has been reached.

Papa Walt said...

Whew! I am glad that grandparents rights have now been officially recognized and I can quit sneaking the quality things in life to Addison and Jackson such as Bush's sweet tea! I know they will grow up healthier and more well rounded for this.