
Two of my friends from MOPS ran the marathon relay with me today as well. This was Amy's first ever running event and she is totally hooked. The environment is very addicting and she's been sucked in. She ran an impressive 6 miles today. (Blue shirt, dark pants)

Heather ran the next two legs for a total of 9 miles. She's so cute--she just looks totally happy and relaxed, no matter how far she runs. We live less than 1/4 mile from each other and have become running buddies. We might have too much fun running though because we talk the entire time. (White shirt and hat, waving)

I ran the last 11.2 miles. I was decked out in all my Baylor Track & Field gear (thanks Jon Capron) and the "Sic-em Bears" that I heard along the way kept me going. It was so fun to shout at all the Baylor folks out there cheering for the runners. Heather did stick a camera in my face at some point so I'll round up those pics soon. I kept thinking that it's a good thing my brother, Tim, has a social circle because I saw several of his friends out cheering today (not for him, he wasn't running). I was sad that we didn't have a cheering section all our own today until about mile 23 when Amy jumped out in front of me and scared me half to death. She's a VERY enthusiastic cheerleader and Heather is super encouraging.

Jeremy and baby Davis came out to cheer for Heather this morning as well.

We were all happy to be finished.

I'm pointing to myself in the picture because I caught up to Jeff with only a few miles to go and BEAT HIM! I know it's not that great of an accomplishment since he ran 15 more miles than me, but whatever. If you know anything about how Jeff and I run, you know that he runs MUCH faster than me. I was shocked to run into him at about mile 24. I was completely dumbfounded that he let me pass him.

Now, OF COURSE I tried to run with him and encourage him as we finished, but he wanted none of it and he shooed me on. I MIGHT have been a bit chipper for him at that point.
2 comments:
Congratulations, you guys! Awesome accomplishment!!
Way to go, a major achievement for both of you! I am very impressed and glad you both work at healthy living.
Post a Comment