4.06.2009

Forget the Turkey Hunting...

We went fishing instead!

In case you can't tell, that's a monster catfish. We're all totally "hooked" on jug fishing. For comparison, Addi weighs less than 35 lbs and is around 40" tall, but she's got nothin' on that big cat.


I tried typing up the story just now but it got too long so I deleted it. You'll just have to get us to tell you about it----it was AWESOME. I promise, we won't mind telling the story over and over and over again. We won't even exaggerate, but that's only because there's proof in the pictures. Besides, who needs to exaggerate when you caught a beast like this?

Addi could care less about the big catfish---here's her proud catch. She carried dead minnows around the entire time we were there. It took two scrubbings in the shower and a good soak in the bath to get the stank off her when we got home tonight.

This last pic is specifically for our SS classmates who have a hard time imagining sweet lil ol' me out hunting. I've got my rifle (for hogs), shotgun (for the turkeys), chair, turkey calls, reading materials...and regular snake-proof hunting boots (no stilettos!). I didn't see anything on that hunt except some song birds and a little raccoon that scared me to half to death by sneaking up behind me in the blind. I don't shoot raccoons, by the way. And I'm telling Jeff "I love you," not shooting the finger. I wouldn't do that and if I did, I certainly wouldn't post it as evidence.

Remember, this is our last post until Addi's birthday in May. I'm taking a break!!! Until then...

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Good Golly that fish is massive! it is also so cute how proud Addi is of her catch.

Papa Walt said...

I have decided my GKs should be renamed, due to the extreme outdoor influence, they should be Davy Crocket and Annie Oakley.

Surely they will all be featured in some outdoor publication as the "Hunting Family" someday.

The Jesters said...

I hope you guys enjoyed some catfish for dinner! Or did you mount that thing on a wall?

Emily and Kolby said...

Those fish look disgusting.

Heather said...

That is one BIG fish! WHOA!!
Happy Birthday sweet Jackson! Love ya'll,
The George Gang