4.01.2009

Field Trip with Jack

Jackson and I went to see Jeff at work today. We had some time to kill between BSF and his follow-up appt with the ENT. It went fine, by the way. He's all healed up. Since we're rarely in town while Jeff's at work, we took full advantage of the opportunity. It wasn't the greatest day for a visit because Jeff's crew was at the training station all day working with the new group of rookies, but we did stop by for a few minutes and steal him away from his job. I've had the privilege of seeing him in action at a fire once before, but it was neat to see him passing on skills to the new guys today. He's AMAZING at his job!

Here's Jeff working on skills with the rookies. Jeff's the guy standing at the back of that group at the bottom of the ladder. I didn't want to embarrass him by taking too many pics so this was the best I could do...

He managed to break away for a minute to let Jack "drive" the truck. I think every firefighter has a pic of his kids driving the truck--it's mandatory!

Gotta get them standing on the bumper, too.

Wow! Gotta love a man in uniform. He's mine.

We were parked by this fire hydrant and after I explained what it was to Jackson ("Daddy gets water from there to spray on the fires. It helps him to stay safe."), he gave it some lovin'.

We shared some ice cream to finish off our date. It was the only way I could get him to leave Jeff and his fire truck.

Amazingly, this is the first time that Jackson has actually enjoyed ice cream...ever. Before the tonsillectomy, he only wanted a bite or two; and while healing after surgery, there was NO WAY he was going to eat it (strangely enough). He can't get enough of it now. We are beyond thankful at how healthy of an eater our little man is these days. He's made a full recovery and then some!

3 comments:

Papa Walt said...

Love the pic of Jackson hugging the hydrant.

Pretty neat going to Jeff's work. Do you remember getting rides in my patrol car? Each of you had several over time and no they weren't to the Juvenile Detention Center!

Concerning the Ice Cream, try giving the boy Sweet Cream instead of nasty stuff like mint choc, that is child abuse.

Lauren & Matt said...

Cute pics!

The Jesters said...

Really fun pictures - it's cool to see Jeff in action. So glad to hear that Jackson is healing well.