5.06.2009
Thank God!
I say that with the utmost reverence...Thank God that the last piece of cake has been eaten. I've never been happier to take a last bite of something so delicious. Let me tell you people, that cake has been my Everest and I've been helpless to resist it. I have absolutely NO self-control when it comes to moist chocolate cake with a 1/2 inch layer of perfect buttercream icing. Oh my, I just drooled all over the keyboard. Addi's cake was a triple recipe (it takes a lot of cake to make such cuteness) and we brought home well over half of it from the camping trip. Since then, I have been eating cake when I wake up in the morning and right before I brush my teeth at night and everywhere in between. Don't get me wrong, I've shared with my friends, the kids, and Jeff when he's home. But I'll be absolutely honest with you: I ate most of it myself. I only gave the kids tiny slices and my friends DO have self control. Jeff doesn't, but he's been working a lot of overtime this week. It's mostly been me and it's most definitely taking up residence in my hips. I really don't mind a bit. I'm going walking tomorrow. I'm still young enough to shed massive amounts of cake fat from my "problem areas," right? Right? I guess we'll see...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Love your Blog! So cute! I'm so glad that we've reconnected and I can watch your kids grow!! I can tell them Jacob knew you before they did!! LOL
I would've had the same problem! I had complete lack of control with our leftover wedding cake after we came back from our honeymoon!
Post a Comment