I can only take credit for the work---I copied it from a cake I found online. She wanted butterflies, so she got butterflies...

Her first glimpse of the finished product. She kept saying "It's beautiful, Mommy! Isn't it beautiful?" High praise from Addi.

Addi and Jeff walked down to the river after dinner...want to guess why Addi is smiling so big?

This last picture is a little random but something I never want to forget. A strange sound woke me up one morning last week and I came out of my room to see Addi standing tip-toe on top of this stack trying to reach something off the top of the TV cabinet. I grabbed her before she fell and broke her precious little neck and we had a little talk. I love that she's creative and confident (see number 4 below), but I'm praying she'll gain some wisdom quickly.

4 things that we are loving about Addi these days:
1. She loves to ride her bike while I walk---she'll go over 2 miles and can even make it up our steepest hill by herself.
2. She can shower herself (makes our evenings SO much easier!)
3. She recognizes lots of letters and several words---she'll sit and read with us as long as we're willing.
4. She's gaining confidence---she's planning to jump off the diving board by herself when the pool opens and she's trying to convince Jeff to "get rid of those training wheels" (hers, not Jeff's...he's not ready yet).
There are a lot more of course but I'll save those for another day.
Check back soon for posts about our first ever family camping trip (a success and a scary story), the kids Nestle Quick heist, and Jackson's salsa chugging.
6 comments:
Great cake Tricia! I am impressed.
Happy Birthday Addi! We praise God for you and pray for you to grow up into a woman who has a deep passion for the Lord!
Happy happy Birthday sweet girl! Way to go on the cake Mom :) looks so pretty!
Happy B-day Addison! You are growing up to be such a nice young lady and so smart, I am proud of you and love you so much.
Great cake Tricia, hope I get some. It's vanilla right!
Forgot to ask, why is Addi smiling so big?
Nice to have the world famous blogger back online.
Happy birthday, Addi! That cake is beautiful - good job, Tricia!
Can I please hire you to make the next few years of birthday cakes for all of our kiddos!?! YUMMMMY and SUPER cute!
Post a Comment