1.02.2010

Laura Marie

Finally, a few pics! The first two are from Day 3, but the rest are from the hospital. I'll post more pics and the birth story in the next few days.

Lots of "dark" hair. I know it's blond, but the other two had paper white hair so this is strange for us to see.

Jackson loved her completely from the moment they met. We constantly hear "Where's my baby? I want to hold baby Waura!"

Addi to G (my mom): "G, I didn't want my baby to be a girl."
...silence while G thinks of a response.
Addi: "But you know what? I'm going to be a good big sister. I'm going to teach her to fish."

Meeting Grandma (Laura's great-grandma, one of two). Both of Jeff's grandmothers' names are Marie. His paternal grandmother passed away years ago but Grandma, Susie's mom, is still around to love on her great-grandbabies.

First shoes. These shoes wouldn't stay on Addi when she was born because they were too big. They wouldn't stay on Laura because they were too small. She's got long toes and big feet!

Getting ready to go home

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family. We are all so blessed to have these precious grandbabies to teach us about the important things in life. Addi can teach her to fish and I will teach her about makeup and dresses!!!

Hugs,
Susie

the sealey family said...

beautiful little lady! definitely your daughter... looks just like the others!

congrats!

***can't believe how big she is!!!

Tressa said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! She looks like a Durand I tell ya!
Praying for grace and peace in your home as you all adjust to life as the5Durands!

Mandy said...

love the last pic, she is precious and I am so glad her siblings decided a girl was okay :)

Whitney said...

Oh she is precious! What a blessing! Congrats to your sweet family!

Jennings said...

This little one will have BIG bows and BIG flowers to wear on her head, with all that precious "dark" hair!. Congrats!

kathy Strickland said...

She is so sweet! I know Addie will be a great big sister. She knows a lot of neat things to teach Laura and Addie will be able to read to Laura wonderful stories.

We are so happy for your family!!

Papa Walt said...

I guess compared to the two white hair kids she has "dark" hair, but still looks very blond to me. Lets see what it looks like after a couple of summers in the sun. She is certainly a keeper regardless of the dark hair. I can't wait to see her again.

The Loving Family said...

Congratulations on a beautiful baby girl! I love the precious little booties! We wish you all the best blessings and hope everyone is loving their newest sibling.

The Jesters said...

Look at those cheeks - I just want to kiss them! She's so cute - Congratulations Durands!!