

I just can't get enough of her.
She's so sweet and cuddly.
I also think she's a bit narcoleptic. She'll be on full alert one minute, looking around so cutely, and be passed out asleep one second later. Heavy breathing and all. I don't know how she does it.
I got six hours of sleep last night. That's how I know she slept good.
We had her first dr. appointment yesterday. She's past her birth weight (yay, Laura!) and healthy. Her jaundice is almost gone. It was borderline high when we left the hospital so we were nursing every 2-3 hours around the clock to get her "stuff" moving. It worked and she's all better.
Jackson and Addi still love her. They adore her, as a matter of fact. Every little squeak from Laura draws an "Awwww, poor baby" from Jackson. Addi would hold her all day if we'd let her. She says often "I'm not going to let anything happen to my sister. I love this baby so much."
As you might know, both kids were expecting a brother. Jackson wasn't fazed to have a girl in the least, but Addi took a while to accept having another girl around. Last night, we were probing her to see if she's really okay with having a sister or if she's just trying to please us with all her sweet talk.
Jeff: "Addi, are you happy to have a little sister instead of a brother?"
Addi: "I love my baby sister."
Jeff: "I know you love her, but are you sad she's a sister instead of a brother?"
Addi: "Well, she's better than no baby at all."
Jeff: "That's true. Are you glad she's a sister?"
Addi: "I'm glad I have a sister."
6 comments:
SO SWEET! How could you not love having this baby sister? She is beautiful and totally fits right in!
What a great pic of the three Durand girls! Love 'em all.
Oh she is too sweet! Congrats guys!!
"She's better than having no baby at all" - hahaha!! Addi cracks me up. I love the photo of you three girls at the end - beautiful!
She's absolutely beautiful! You are so blessed with beautiful, healthy children. We're so happy for you! Lots of Love!
Post a Comment