3.24.2010

Speedy Update

I apologize in advance for the weirdness of this post.  I have a lot of pics to post and not a lot of time to post them.  And I'm tired and cranky.  And I'm just weird anyways.  Because of all those things, this is a very random post that should have been broken up into 3, maybe 4 separate posts.  But it isn't because I don't have time for such things nowadays.

Here goes...

With this nice weather, Jeff has been anxious to get his canoe in the river.  A couple of weeks ago, he took Jackson out for the first trip of the season.  Two hours was the perfect amount of time for Jack...
Last weekend, 5 guys from our SS class went on a canoe/camping trip. Don't they look all tough and manly?
They proved their toughness by weathering the storms on Friday night and finishing the last 10 miles in the freezing cold weather Saturday. 

Manly men. Arrrrghhh.
Not going to lie...I gave Jeff a hard time about how much gear he packed. He's a chronic over-packer, after all. But he was also the warmest guy out there so it paid off this time. And see that Tupperware with the red lid? That's full of the chocolate chip cookies I baked for him. It was torture b/c I couldn't have any (more on that later), but I managed to get by.  

Side note:  the kids acted like he was leaving forever.  There were lots of kisses goodbye.
See how weighted down his canoe is? Totally worth it.
Jeff is planning on taking Addi on an overnight trip next month and we're hoping some of our friends will go along with their daughters...a little daddy/daughter camping trip, if you will. 

Speaking of Addi. She's a strange one. I'm working on a post just for her. 

She needs one all her own. Be looking for it. 

I would best describe her as eclectic if I knew how to spell it.

What do you know?! I CAN spell it!!  Yea for me!!

Not really. I first misspelled it but blogger has a spell checker. But I had you fooled, didn't I?

Jackson is not having his own post. That boy. He's... he's... exasperating! And that's putting it mildly.

But I don't want to talk about it.

I just want to thank Aunt Margaret for this puzzle.


It took him almost an hour.
Actually, you should all thank Aunt Margaret because if it weren't for that puzzle, I wouldn't have had time to upload pics, edit them, and post them on here. I'm sure she'll take cash.

Anyways...

Let's look at pictures of perfect little Laura, shall we?

She...

is...

precious.
(and lookin' a lot like Jackason)

She does smile a lot.

A whole lot.

Just not for the camera. She gives the camera crazy eyes.

Lest you think she's all sweet and angelic, let me show you a little something.

You do NOT want to make her mad. I repeat, you do not want to make her mad.

She really, really will let us have it if we take things too far. Take that last picture, for example. She didn't mind the jeans, or even the jacket. But then I went and put that hat on her...

Mostly she's darling though. She is talking a lot these days and finds plenty to say to her giraffe.

And she's quite the chunky little thing. I call her my Little Fatty. Fatso. Chunky Monkey. Flubbery. Beastly Baby.

Seriously, I strained my shoulder carrying her around Cabelas for 2 1/2 hours last week.  It's true.  

Thanks Jeff. 

She's huge! At her two-month check-up (yes, that was almost a full month ago. But whatever, dude. I'm busy around here.), she weighed 12 lbs 8 oz and was 23 1/2 inches long. Both are in the 90th percentile. That means she's bigger than 90% of baby girls her age. Freaky!

Two weeks later, she was up to 13 lbs, 13 oz.

And there's no ice cream in my milk. None at all. That little monkey can't handle dairy. She's covered in eczema and is almost certainly allergic to dairy. SO I am cutting it out of my diet for a few months to see if it helps. That means no ice cream, no chocolate, and no chick-fil-a. Pretty much I can hardly eat anything and I'm going to starve to death.

I really might die from this. But nobody can say I don't love my kid.

Just look at that fat little face.
Can't help but to love her.  Even when I really, really, really want a bowl of ice cream.  I just take a nibble of her sweet little arm instead.

Not really.

I just hold her.  And maybe squeeze her a little bit.

Not really, again.

I'd better get to bed before I get myself in trouble.





9 comments:

Landree said...

i, for one, am so glad you updated!!! it gave me something to read for a little while rather than staring at the wall. plus, i enjoyed seeing pics of those precious little darlings and hearing your voice commentating the entire way through. you make me laugh girl! i'll be looking forward to the next post.

kathy Strickland said...

You have a wonderful family! Your little Laura is such a good cuddle bunny. I am glad the weather is getting nicer where Addi and Jack can get out for adventures.

Thanks for sharing your lives with us

Kelly said...

Love the bottom pic of Laura. So cute! Way to go on the dairy thing!

Emily and Kolby said...

I'd be crying too if you tried to dress me in a denim jacket when I already had denim jeans on. Denim should never come in pairs.

Loved the pic of Laura and her giraffe. So great to see you guys last weekend!

I do think I'm coming down with whatever cold Jackson had. Not sure how those germs sperad. Although it could have been him licking the puzzle pieces before handing them to me, or him caughing directly into my face, or maybe it was when we were playing "mountain lions" and he decided to share the 'antelope' he cought for 'dinner' by pressing his snotty lips against my mouth. So then again, maybe I do know how that cold made it's way over. :)

Love you guys!

Tricia said...

Gross, Emily! I can't believe you licked Jackson's snot!

Mandy said...

Way to go on the dairy thing! And hey a post is better than none - not like you have spare time :)!

Papa Walt said...

Emily, I thought Tim was the booger eater!

The Jesters said...

Love all the pictures, Trish! Thanks for the update, despite how busy you are.

Emily, your note made me gag. thanks.

Kim Bessent said...

Way to go sticking with the breastfeeding! You are an awesome mama!