5.23.2007

I'm withering away and Jackson smiles about it

You may have noticed that I haven't posted in a while. The reason for my long absence from blogspot.com is that my arms have been busy holding one very fussy baby. Yes, in the last few weeks Jackson has spent an increasing amount each day screaming his darling little head off. He also has been spitting up an alarming amount. He prefers only to spit up on me and will only be soothed by a select few other people than his mom. It makes me tired. Reflux is the probable culprit of the scream inducing tummy aches and spitting sessions and his doctor suggested medicine to make him feel better. I wanted to try a few things first before we took that step so I did a little research of my own. I'll skip my findings and all the things I tried before I found the culprit. It seems that my sweet, precious little Jackson does not like ice cream. After this shocking discovery, Jeff and I took a good look at our son to make sure that he was indeed, OUR son. He looks too much like Jeff for us to suspect a hospital mix-up so it seems that we have actually birthed a child that can't take the ice cream. I know, its crazy! Anyways, I stayed away from ice cream (my main source of dairy) for several days and Jackson miraculously got better. No more screaming, barely any spitting up and he's just all around happier. He started smiling the very next day and hasn't really stopped. I think he's smiling to make up for depriving me of ice cream. Either that or he's lauging at the agony he's causing me. His smile is sweet, sweeter than a Blue Bell chocolate/mint chocolate chip milk shake, but ohhhhhh, I miss my milk shakes.

5 comments:

Tressa said...

Thanks for the post Trish. I am actually right in the trenches with the same problems. We do have a doctors appointment soon. Its been rough, all the crying, and throwing up. I think I will take a better look at my diet. I have missed your posts!

Anonymous said...

I love this pic! His disproportionately larger nostril is so evident. Hopefully someday the smaller one will catch up. I love his nostrils.

Tricia said...

Jackson's nostrils are matching in size. I don't know what Amanda is talking about--she's crazy.

Brian and Becca said...

What a cute picture and handsome little smile. I am glad things are going better, and that make me feel so much better about the fact that I could nurse :) Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I am sure it is not ice cream but the choc/mint in the ice cream. Try some good vanilla ice cream and see if the problem comes back. Forcing a child to ingest choc/mint is almost abuse. I hope he is not scarred for life.