They say that babies are very impressionable when they are young so we decided to waste no time teaching Jackson about the great outdoors. We can't get out to the deer lease for several months yet, so we thought a trip to Cabelas would do for now. Jackson has now had his first introduction to a wide assortment of tents, fishing rods and outdoor gear. I won't say that we showed him any guns since my previous post showed our one-month old sleeping naked on his tummy with his big sister--I don't want to push my luck. He did get to see many trophy deer and other game animals and Jeff showed him what he would be hunting if he did, ahem, ever hunt with a gun. Jackson slept through most of the trip but I'm pretty sure he absorbed what we were telling him because when he woke up, he started practicing his casting. Here are a few pics of our excursion.

Addi loved feeding the fish

After Cabelas, we went to visit the Bartlings and their new little guy, Luke. Jackson caught Luke flirting with Addi and got pretty mad. He looks like he's sleeping but really he's flexing his muscles and giving Luke the ol' squinty eyes. I don't think Luke will be calling Addi after all.

Darsey and I had to jump in to separate the boys before one of them ended up with a black eye. We didn't even have time to make sure we were grabbing the right kid.
1 comment:
OOooh, if Jackson was mad about that...did he see what Gus was doing a few pictures down??
Post a Comment