5.30.2007

Memorial Day Weekend

It was a fun weekend even though most of it was spent holed up inside waiting out the rain. We did venture out between storms to wakeboard, swim, and throw balls for the dogs. Addi loved watching Keegan and Adam wakeboard and is convinced that she wants to give it a try. She kept saying "Addi wakeboard." I think we might wait a while before we stick her out there behind the boat but Mandy and I did take her to the so-called beach for a swim. She liked when the waves almost knocked her over the best. This is Addi all dressed and ready to go on the boat.

While Jeff worked on the walkway to the dock, I relaxed on the hammock with the kiddos. In the picture, Jackson is dozing off and Addi is doing her best to pretend to sleep. We enjoyed watching the sunset over the water from here.

We had a great weekend and enjoyed spending time with some Waco friends we don't see too often. I have to give thanks to Mandy and Lisa for tag-teaming Jackson and putting up with a lot of screaming to get a bottle down him. They gave him several bottles over the weekend and now he handles them like a pro. Besides that, he has started batting at objects, responding to voices and going longer between feedings at night (ahhhhhh). He smiles very regularly and coos quite a bit. He's turning into a very happy and sweet baby which more than makes up for depriving me of ice cream. Speaking of that, my husband and friends enjoyed torturing me with ice cream all weekend. They ate my favorite flavors of Blue Bell right in front of me and Mandy made homemade ice cream one night. It was impossible to do without but I did limit myself to 2-3 small bites.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sad. If I had been there, I would have only eaten it behind your back. :)

Anonymous said...

That picture of you on the hammock could be a postcard! At least, it deserves a special scrapbook treatment!

Mandy said...

I will testify she really did only have 2-3 small bites!