5.06.2007

Life's a Party

Before the party...We caught Addi with a mouth full and two fists full of cake. She apparently can spot cake even when its on a countertop and out of her line of vision. She has to stand on her very tip toes to reach onto the counter but the payoff was big in this case. Rule #1: Never leave a toddler unattended when cake is anywhere within reach.

During the party...Addi wan't too interested in her presents so she let Gus do the work for her. She sat in her rocker and received kisses instead. Then we moved on to the damaged cake (no time to fix it before guests arrived) where Addi admired her "droggy" cake. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of her trying to bury her face in his head but you can imagine.


After the party...Addi was wiped out from her big day and Jackson...well, all he does is sleep anyways. Nighty-night.

**DISCLAMER: These sleeping arrangements were for photography purposes only and were completely supervised by two trained adults at all times. In no way are we endorsing infants sleeping with older children---this is NOT a safe way to sleep! Also, the Academy of Pediatrics recommends babies be put on their "back to sleep" and tummy time should be strictly supervised. Again, this infant was supervised for the entire duration of the photo shoot. Also, it is recommended that children of all ages sleep in clothes that meet specifications set by some group. These children were only naked for a time of less than 5 minutes in a draft-free room and only for photgraphy purposes. These children are very loved and well cared for.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the 2 little diapered booty's. SOOO cute! And HELLO--aweseome job on the cake! I am proud to call you my friend! She looks so cute in the little polka dot dress! I'm so sad I had to work.

Anonymous said...

The disclaimer is cute, but you know me... I was fine with them taking a nap together, all sweet and cozy. I'm glad Addi enjoyed her party!

Jon said...

Ha, the disclaimer kills me. Happy Birthday Addie!

Anonymous said...

You should be a disclaimer writer! The party was great, but the pre-party was more exciting.

Mom