Here we are at the famous Ft. Worth Rodeo. We had amazing box seats right next to where the bulls and broncs were pinned for the cowboys (Addi loved the cowboys!) to get on them for their very brief rides. At one point, one angry bull almost climbed right out of there. Had he succeeded, I would not be here to write about it. Lucky for us all, those walls are pretty high.

We're all cheering on one of the HS students participating in the calf scramble. He had to catch this calf, pin it down and halter it, then drag it to the center of the arena. Pretty entertaining.

LOVE those french braids on my little cutie! This is during the few hours between Jackson's and my flu experiences. He was feeling a bit better, I was just starting to ache. Our less than stellar health is my only excuse for not taking more pics at the rodeo--it really was a blast.
Here is the little man making his recovery and also very much enjoying his very first taste of Jeff's delicious pancakes (my man makes them from scratch and they're awesome!). Jack is not content being fed baby food much anymore. He prefers eating grown-up food like the rest of us. He is a bit strange in that he doesn't like much fruit--grapes, kiwi, pears and sometimes apples end up on the floor. He has liked all veggies so far (that's my boy!) and really likes meat. Tonight he had ground meat with hot sauce mixed in and couldn't get enough of it.

Now this next picture may seem a little strange unless you keep in mind that we were tired of being cooped up in the house while we were sick. The kids were tired of their toys, I had no tolerance for whining or energy to entertain, and Jeff was just plain tired of taking care of all of us. Kate is a good distraction for everyone. She's about 3 feet off the floor here so I think she should be playing for the Mavs...

Part 2 of our catching up pics will be coming soon. There will be pictures of Addi and the Mavs game in the next installment.
1 comment:
Tricia! I am so glad that you found my blog and left a comment, because I can never remember the links to peoples blogs. But now I have you on my blog so I will always stay updated and in touch. We need to get together soon! I miss you and the fam!
Post a Comment