5.09.2008

Strawberry Picking!

We FINALLY made it out to our local strawberry patch yesterday.  We had to wait until it got good and hot so the dirt and bugs would stick to our sweat...it makes the experience more, uh, well more something.  Jackson's been a little under the weather this week so he stayed home with Jeff while Addi and I joined the Jennings girls out at the farm. Addi and Caroline got tired of picking strawberries after about 15 minutes and then just wanted to eat the ones out of our buckets.

Here they are picking up the berries after a spill...check out those beauties on the plant behind Debra, just waiting to be picked.

Testing out the strawberries

"Caroline, you've got something on your chin."

Our take was huge--we picked around 15 lbs!

Some more sampling. I couldn't keep her out of them if I tried!

There are more pics from our excursion on the Jennings' blog (link to the right).
Check out the website for Fall Creek Farms if you're interested: www.upicktx.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where is a pic of your chin? I am sure Addison learned the sampling somewhere!

Looks like everyone had fun and we will be having strawberry shortcake for desert Saturday.

Dad