3.30.2009

This had better be the last "Kate" post for a while...

Kate is a Deutsch Drahthaar. That is German for BAD DOG! That's not a literal translation, of course, but she really, really is. She had the nerve to lick my lunch today. She licked my lunch. I was on the phone with the vet discussing some gross things about Kate that I won't write about on here and SHE LICKED MY LUNCH. It hasn't even been a week since we sold all of the kids' toys to pay for her surgery and during that time, I have taken Kate everywhere so that she isn't left unsupervised for extended periods of time. Also during that time, I bought a new trash can with a (hopefully) Kate-proof lid so she will stop eating Jackson's diapers and saran wrap (a too recent story that did not make the blog). And she shows her appreciation by licking my lunch. It was Jeff's homemade chicken enchiladas too. Seriously, if she weren't "Super Dog" from September to February, she'd be outa here. I will say that if she keeps up the shenanigans for much longer, I'll sell her in the garage sale next month.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Can't count the number of times Heidi has "licked" our lunches! I try to avoid it, but at this point, I don't let it bother me! :)

the sealey family said...

maybe if you put her on a treadmill for a few hours a day, she wouldn't have the energy to find herself in so much trouble?!

Mandy said...

sounds familiar to our toot - she has had a rash so no shock collar and she knows we can't punish her much which makes being bad worth it! I must say funny as well is the 'word verification' that came up for this comment was berat - sounds like brat with emphasis - appropriate.

G-Mom said...

I'm will Kelly - just get used to it, and tell yourself that dog germs are "cleaner" than kid germs.

The Jesters said...

Gross! Nope, that is not okay.

Papa Walt said...

Just eat your lunch and pretend it was one of the kids, her mouth is probably cleaner anyway.

Your just waaaaay to sensitive about this dog thing and she probably picks up on your vibes of love/hate!