Baylor University must have finally gotten my letters about changing homecoming weekend. I grew up going to the Baylor homecoming festivities and have missed them dearly since marrying Jeff. See, that crazy school kept scheduling homecoming for the 1st weekend of November...aka: opening weekend of deer season. Homecoming didn't stand a chance. But the person in charge must have gotten some sense because homecoming fell in October this year!
I was so happy to get to take my family to the parade that I've been attending since I was a little girl. It was awesome to see their excitement and to watch them fall a little bit more in love with Baylor. It's only fitting since our blood is green...Jeff's a first generation Baylor grad but I come from a long line of Baylor grads on both sides of my family. Sic'em Bears!
I love that the kids love Baylor. Even if they choose to go somewhere else for college, I know they'll still always love the Bears.

Jackson didn't really know what to make of all the noise and crowds that came with the parade.

But Addi did. She was working that cuteness and waving to anyone she thought might have candy--that arm of hers sure got a workout. She wasn't even above stopping the parade by walking over to cute boys on bikes to just ask for some.

Baylor family with future Bears completely distracted by the parade.

Their favorite part of the parade, besides the candy (duh), was hugging the Chick-fil-A cow. They each got a coupon for a free milkshake, which I promptly pocketed to keep for my own personal use. Don't judge me...I'm letting them eat some of the candy they picked up.

We have lots of future Baylor Bears amongst our cousins. Here's David, my gorgeous cousin Becca's middle boy.

And this little cutie is Taylor. He's right around Jackson's age...maybe they'll room together someday.

Last, here's Mariah. Check out her cute little outfit that my Aunt Sue made (can I special request one of those for the little Bear in my oven, please?)...her bloomers said "Class of 2031." Her mom, Mandy, is my cousin and fellow Baylor grad.

Of course, I have a lot more Baylor cousins than that (the little ones pictured are my 2nd cousins), but these are the ones that I noticed wearing their Baylor gear and who would stand still for a pic.
This last parade picture is an example of what our kids won't be driving in college. It's true that there are a lot of spoiled Baylor kids with cars that cost more than their tuition...but we ain't crazy enough to try and keep up with that nonsense. But seriously, check out this 'vette that one Baylor boy was proudly driving in the parade to represent the "Baylor Driving Club," whatever the heck that is.

It's okay, you can make fun a bit...we all did at the time. Be advised, this is no plain ol' Corvette he's driving. Apparently is the fanciest Corvette money can by and runs upward of $150,000. Yep, you read it right. Little Baylor boy, would you please sell one tire and pay off our mortgage? Thank you.
After the parade, we headed to Jaspers BBQ for a much needed lunch. Jaspers has been around for 90 years and is still kickin' it as the best BBQ ever. We love it! And apparently, my dad is a frequent patron of Jaspers and has "Chris," the owner on speed dial so the man can save my dad some chicken. While we were there, my dad took the kids behind the counter to cut our meat...

and on a tour of the pit in the back. Apparently this old pit shown here is the oldest BBQ pit in Texas. Isn't that interesting? Honestly, I didn't post this pic because of that little tid-bit, but because Jeff looks freakin' hot standing there. NO, the pit wasn't on and I don't mean that kind of "hot"---c'mon people!
Baylor Bears and Jaspers BBQ---some of my favorite family traditions!
3 comments:
I did not know the Chick Fil A cow had coupons !!! I would have ventured out there :)
Coupons! I cannot believe you got coupons and I am the one carrying them out there for hugs, pics and all. They even stopped the cow in the car for hugs and high fives.
Was truly great to have the kids here for the parade, Tricia, Tim and Kyle have been going with very few missed years since they were Jackson's age so it was nice to continue the tradition together.
Love the pictures. Addi is adorable in her little cheerleading outfit!
Post a Comment