Wrong.
As I was doing my first-thing-in-the-morning business, Addi came dragging into the still dark bathroom. She was delighted that I was already up and at 'em. It was dark. She couldn't see that I wasn't "at 'em" at all. Not at all.
In her most excited voice she said, "Mom! I got up early just so we could spend special time together!"
Oh boy. Just exactly what I wanted to do. (heavy sarcasm)
Good thing it was dark in there so she couldn't see the reluctance on my face. But I sucked it up and put a smile in my voice as best as I could and responded.
She was SO happy and I got over it because I do love the girl after all. And she is my most favorite oldest child. And she does need my attention sometimes. But my shower did end up being only 3 minutes long because I got over it so well that we lingered over our Cheerios.
Of course it was worth it and we'll both look back at our special early mornings together and I won't remember how tired I was. Right? Someone please tell me I will. I beg of you.
I do hope she'll sleep a little later tomorrow though. Surely I don't have to do TWO special mornings in a row, do I? Because I really, really need some special time with my pillow.
5 comments:
You are correct, when I think about you three kids, I instantly remember the horses, bats, gloves, camping and fun stuff. If we all get to telling stories I then remember the more tedious aspects of being a parent, but usually with a laugh.
Of course you cannot have this prospective until GKs come along and then you watch with humor, because you now realize that the drudgeries are worth all the effort and wish for more.
If we could be grand parents first we would be better parents!
Your a great mom and learned from one of the best, hang in there. You can sleep when your dead.
I recommend the "Good Nite Lite." http://www.goodnitelite.com/index.php
My brother got it for his 3yr old when he would wake up SO early... it really works for him.. he loves it.. yet sometimes he gets mad at the moon because it tells him to go to bed. ;)
Trish, this sounds exactly like Miss Mandy. When she was 2 1/2-3 1/2 I would get up at 5:15-5:30am to go to the track for "my" time because if I didn't do it then there never seemed to be time. I was still running the pizza store & would run by & start the dough so it would be ready when I went in at 9a. It wasn't long at all before Mandy discovered I was gone one morning when she woke up & it was the last time I left her at home. We took her red wagon & I then pulled her around the track. Good time for both of us. :):) You are definitely right in it being well worth it. I agree with your dad, YOU ARE A GREAT MOM!
love you lots,
Aunt Sue
Uggh, being a morning person is a sickness. I think my mom dreamed of me wanting "special time" with her first thing in the morning. She's still dreaming... :)
you know who she gets it from right?
Post a Comment