10.28.2009

Crazy Hair Night

Tonight was crazy hair night at AWANA and some of our friends came over to get braids. You see, I am a woman of very few useful talents, but I am very good at french braiding and can do all sorts of crazy stuff with a braid. In High School, I was the resident "braider" and braided all the girls' hair before track, CC, basketball, football, or volleyball games. How's that for a useful talent? Aren't you glad to know that about me?

Anyways...

Some friends came over this evening. First thing the girls did was flock to Jackson and fawn all over him. I mean, you'd think he was some famous, hot star that the girls were swooning over. It was precious and Jackson ate it up. Check it out:

Addi was in her room playing. She is so over Jackson Durand.

That was all the pretty girls before I got to work on their hair.  Here they are after:

If you could see the back of their heads, you'd be much more impressed with my skills.  K in the middle had three sparkly braids going up the back of her head, ending in the red sprout on top (it's what she wanted), and A on the right had one long braid in the shape of an "S" with sparkly spray all over.  

After I had braided or done pony tails for all the girls, I said to Jackson "Come over here and let me fix your hair" and he yelled "NOOOOO!" while ducking and covering his entire head with his hands. I thought that was a very manly response. But I convinced him to let me do something to it anyways.
Isn't that nice?  

3 comments:

Papa Walt said...

What an adorable and cute pair, the last pic is priceless. You should enter this in a contest. Of course I am very biased about those two.

keli said...

dang it!! had no idea about your gift for braids!! we definately would have dropped by! say Katelyn's hair at AWANAs and was thinking how cool it was. Like upside down braids! very cool...

Mandy said...

pretty swell talent :0 - i also agree that last pic is priceless!