Who rings a person's doorbell during nap time anyways? I mean, don't they know the look of a sleeping house? Seriously!
But you know what? The mail lady doesn't give a hill of beans if people are sleeping. She's got mail to deliver, for cryin' out loud! Important mail. Certified mail.
You know you're in trouble when you get certified mail from your HOA. "HOA" means Home Owner's Association. I never knew what that meant until we started paying dues to one.
So anyways, we got a certified letter from our HOA today and it said "you are in flagrant violation of Section 12 of the Rules and Regulations (the "Rules") of the Association and the Association has levied a fine against you in the amount of a $200.00 flagrant violation." It goes on and on and uses the term "flagrant violation" a total of 26 times throughout. Not really, but it is overused. And when I read it to Jeff (he's at work), I kept saying "fragrant violation" instead of "flagrant."
No matter. The point is that we are apparently in flagrant violation instead of just simply being in violation.
Our flagrant violation: having a trailer parked in our driveway. To be fair, we are completely aware of the rules about trailers and all trailers over 14' in length are prohibited. But to be fair to Jeff, he did call to verify that 14' trailers are allowed and our trailer just happens to be a 14 footer.
It IS a 14' trailer. The registration papers say so.
Maybe they measure the total length instead of measuring the right way because they don't know. But guess what?? We get to have a hearing on the matter. It has to be requested in writing, but we get to have a hearing just the same. And when we do, we'll teach them how a trailer is measured and classified, and that is by bed length, not total length.
And maybe, just maybe they'll let us keep the trailer parked here. If not, I guess we'll move it because if there's anything I'm not, it's a rule breaker. And I'm especially not a flagrant rule breaker. I cannot stand the thought that we are on some rule breaker list somewhere. As in sick-to-my-stomach, won't be able to sleep tonight, eat excessive amounts of ice cream can't stand it.
**Update: The trailer has to go. And now, so does the canoe. We have nowhere to store the canoe. Sad day.**
2 comments:
I seem to remember that the only time you broke rules it was usually flagrant, such as getting caught by the Wylie PD stealing smudge pots. I am sure that your mother and I could come up with one or two more if we worked at it. Eat some chocolate and chill, I am sure that as with other prior matters, you will batt your eyes, maybe tear up and get off completely scott free. No one could resist you then, do you think they have a chance with a pretty pregnant lady and two adorable children now?
Just a quick note, a fragrant violation is a Jeff issue not an HOA one!
Post a Comment