Addi is obsessed with wearing belts. Jeff wears a belt with jeans (not genes), so Addi wants to wear one, too.
This morning, Addi put her belt on all by herself without missing any loops. Jeff taught her that...I always just tell her to leave the belt in her closet because I don't want to mess with it. He's a good daddy to actually teach her something. But that's not what this post is about. He is a great dad though.
So as she showed me how she could do it all by herself, I commented that I wish she'd stop growing up so fast and stay my little girl for a while longer. Here's the conversation that followed:
Addi: "Don't you want me to get bigger so I can help you and stuff?"
Don't know where she got that idea...
Me: "No. I just like you as a little girl, but I'll enjoy watching you grow up and get bigger, too."
Addi: "Get bigger so I can go hunting with you?"
Me: "Sure."
Addi: "And drive the boat for you while you fish?"
And I had no response to that. She's got the right idea though.
2.02.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
She is a quick one. Addi seems to be thinking all the time about her surrounding and her place in them.
I think she pretty wonderful
Post a Comment