2.25.2010

k-i-s-s-i-n-g

Addi's been kissing boys since she was two.  We use to think it was cute.\

For two years, Addi loved Gus and they planned to marry when they got older.

Good thing Gus has all but forgotten Addi because she has a new flame.

He's another handsome blonde and I think he loves her, too. He better because he kissed her at preschool last week. Addi is in love.

Here's the conversation that took place when I picked her up:

A: Me and Seth* kissed today!

Me: What?

A: We kissed lots of times while we were laying down.

Me: What?!

A: We kissed lots of times while we were laying down.

Me: Why were you laying down kissing? Why don't you tell me what happened. Exactly what happened.

A: It was nap time and he rolled over and put his hands on my cheeks like this (imagine it) and he kissed me lots of times. And his slobber got on me.

Me: His slobber got on you? How did he kiss you?

A: Like this... *kiss* *kiss* *kiss* *kiss* (little smooches, no open mouth stuff...don't know where the slobber came from).

Me: You don't need to be kissing boys, Addi. You are much too young.

A: Well you kiss daddy.

Me: Yes, and I am married to daddy.

A: Well I am going to marry Seth.

Me: That's fine. You can marry Seth when you are much, much older**. But no more kissing at school. You are too young to be kissing boys unless it's daddy or Jackson. You can kiss a boy again when you are all grown up and you love him and are going to marry him.

A: But I DO love Seth! I really do!

Me: Addi, I'm glad you love Seth, but you may not kiss him again.

*Name changed to protect the not-so-innocent.

**We'd be happy for this boy to marry Addi when they're older. Preschool make-out session aside, he's a great kid and his family loves the Lord. And he's absolutely the handsomest little boy I've ever laid eyes on (besides Jack, obviously). I'm not going to post his picture because his momma was mortified about the incident and I don't want to embarrass the family.

4 comments:

kathy Strickland said...

Addi is a sweetie. I know with your guidance and direction she will grow up to be a mighty woman of God.

I enjoy the fact that she talked openly about it with you. That says a lot about your relationship!

The Jesters said...

ooooh, I'll bet Jeff was mad when he heard about it! :)

amanda said...

she has her eyes closed and everything!

Papa Walt said...

Did she get this from you? I don't remember you being very kissy either young or in school. If Jeff needs a stick, I still have mine and will loan it to him.