7.13.2013

All Three

Got up early this morning to swim a big.  I didn't swim much, but did get in the water and did some laps.  Nothing special.

But then, my sweet friend and I drove over to FW to bike and run on the Trinity Trail.  We did about 8 miles best guess and who knows the pace.  We were just riding.  I was working on figuring out the bike and gears, etc, and focused on not crashing.  Happy to report that I did not even teter today!  Yay!

We put our bikes in the car and right away ran 2 miles at a (apx) 9:30/mile pace.  After biking, it's a big deal to run...kinda feels like you are wearing concrete shoes and running through mud.  Takes about a mile to feel "normal."

Fun times.

The big news is that I did not grab a hamburger on the way home.  I wanted one, but restrained myself.  I'm growing up : )

1 comment:

The Jesters said...

It's true - your legs feel like lead weights after you've been biking. Or roller blading. :) But it's good for you to know what to expect on the big day so you can tell yourself it'll feel better after the first mile!