Really, I am. I thought I'd post my daily workouts but who has time for that?
I'm a few weeks further into training. My running baseline is now 3 miles, hilly terrain. My pace remains right at 10 min/mile no matter what the terrain. I find that strange but don't care too terribly much. But I can run 3 miles and it's fine so now I'm building to 4. Bye-bye shorter runs. I'm gonna miss you.
Swimming...well, I still kinda dread it. My stomach has been upset for weeks with nervousness about the swimming. This Tuesday, I swam for about 50 minutes. Not continuously...mercy!
I did several 75 meter drills with about a minute rest btwn each 75. Then I did a whole bunch of 50's, practicing breathing on my left side. That's pretty brutal.
On Wednesday, I ran 2 miles and then swam. I was very, very sore from the previous day's workout so the swim wasn't going well. Then my sweet friend challenged me to do a 200 without stopping. She had just hopped into the pool and done a 600, rested, and then did 600 more. She swam a mile the other day, too. Rockstar! Anyways, I went for 100m without stopping and I actually did it!
Progress!
7.11.2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment