I got a road bike today. I haven't gotten on a bike in years and years. Mountain biking was a college thing, then babies, and now this stinkin' triathlon.
I've been shopping for a while. Bikes are pricey! I'm a mom of 3 who may or may not stick with this triathlon thing and I refused to spend a thousand dollars on componants that I didn't need. When people started throwing those words out and talking about carbon vs. aluminum and all that, I kinda shut down.
I needed a bike with two tires and two pedals. And I got one! It is an entry level road bike. Nothing fancy. But guess what, it's way faster and more responsive than my mountain bike. So that's something.
Sad thing is, I did not know it was actually different than riding a mountain bike SO I am that girl who crashed her bike in the parking lot of the bike store during the test ride before she even bought the bike. It's got a scuff already. I felt sooooo stupid. I tried to turn around and then wham! It went out from under me.
I need to learn how to ride a bike. Tomorrow will be a big day for me. I so, so hope that I do not crash and burn and have these terribly large road rash scabby things on my arms and legs all summer.
7.11.2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've really only ridden a trail bike, too, so I'd be in the same boat as you! Just looking at those thin tires makes me nervous!
Post a Comment