1.30.2008

My Mornings

Our mornings start right around 7:00 and when our two cheerful kids wake us up. They wake up SO happy and it's the best part of the day. Jackson has some new skills that he loves to show off first thing in the morning...

He loves standing up in his bed to greet me as I come get him. He's such a sweetie and I love his big smiles.

On the other hand, this is what I woke up to find my darling Addi doing yesterday morning...

She got some goodies out of the pantry and a spoon and just went to town on it in the living room. I was not happy. Inventory of the junk food Addi ate for her 6:00 am snack: Girl Scout Thin Mints (smart choice!) and caramel dipping sauce. I'm very thankful that she didn't find the Oreos because the mess would have been so much worse.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess you should have let her have a GS thin mint cookie when she asked for one instead of telling her no because they are for grownups! I'm pretty sure we told her that I brought them for YOU - but she knows I'm willing to share with her! I'll be expecting to see a lock on the pantry door the next time I come.

Tricia said...

I've decided NOT to put a lock on the pantry door...she's just going to have to learn that it is not allowed for kids to get food out of the pantry. She can be taught, one way or another : )

Anonymous said...

Raiding the thin mints? Sounds like her mother's daughter to me! I remember a certain someone lurking about the freezer nonchalantly...