
Here are my brand-spankin' new Root Beer colored running shoes. Yes, they are actually called root beer. I'm not sure why Asics would call a running shoe Root Beer because well, running and root beer don't have a lot in common except their first letter. I do want to bust open a cold IBC when I'm wearing the shoes though. Yesterday I took them out for a run around the block. Love them. I also love my new gloves and the thing I wear to keep my ears warm. You guys weigh in---is it "ear warmer," "ears warmer" or "ear warmers?" Ear warmer is the only choice that sounds good to me but the thing does actually warm both ears. That is what I'll be pondering on my next run.
Our training for the San Diego Marathon is now in full-swing. We are hitting the streets hard and often so make sure you ask about our training every once in a while. It's hard to get motivated to leave our cozy, toasty warm home on days like we're having this week...yesterday it took me almost 10 minutes to get up my nerve because it was COLD! I just kept my thoughts focused on Root Beer and was back home before I knew it.
7 comments:
WAY to go girl! Keep up the running! I like your "Root Beer" shoes. Too cute. I think its neat how the color brown is starting to invade our running shoes. I like it.
"ear warmers"- I would know since I was a New Mexican, and you need them more there!
Awesome!!! I love Asics shoes, too, and we're super excited that you're going to run your marathon in San Diego! Keep up the good work and we'll see you here this summer.
Love,
Debby
When, exactly, is this marathon? I need to get it on my calendar in case you need a babysitter!
I'm proud of your commitment, and glad the shoes are motivational.
I say "ear warmers." Plural on the warmers part because it is warming 2 ears. Ear warmers, leg warmers, etc. Keep up the good work, I'm slightly inspired myself.
Hey you!
Love the root beer shoes-I'm a dork and decided that nothing I have would match the brown, so I went on Zappos and got the "Ice blue" version of the ninbus 9s. I'm "training" for the Bearathon in March- not as impressive as your full, but hey, gotta start somewhere! You keep it up! Call me sometime- I have nothing but time on my hands now :)
robin
I have never been good at figuring out words so I will throw that one to Keegan! Way to keep running - the time you had me trying I made it all the way to three miles and haven't run that far since :)
Post a Comment