4.14.2008

The Bash

Well, Jackson's birthday party went off without too many hitches. Really, I think it went pretty well and I know that at least the 4 four of us had a great time. Here are a few of the hundreds of pictures taken by various people during the party... The cake. I wasn't thrilled with it but I'll get better over the years. Present time was chaotic. One-year-olds do not care about opening presents and saying thank-you to the giver. Jackson only liked eating the paper. Jackson didn't want in on the opening action, but there were several other kids willing to help. While I tried to open presents for Jackson, Addi and Caroline ripped into all the others. To say it was crazy would be an understatement. Here is some of Jackson's Baylor gear...if my count was right, there were 13 Baylor Bears at Jack's party. Jackson did TRY to figure out what to do, but he didn't stick with it for too long. And then came cake time...the most anticipated event of the evening for both me and Addi. Addi was just excited to eat the cake she had been seeing since Saturday morning. I couldn't wait to get Jackson's first cake pics.
As you can see, Jackson wasn't a fan of the cake. I was so disappointed. The crying continued until we took him out of his high chair. He pushed away all bites of cake and fingers full of frosting...just flat out didn't care for the sweet stuff. I tried again this morning and he still didn't love it. Strange boy of mine. If he rejects ice cream, we'll wonder where he came from. Both of my kids were ready for bed before the last guests left. Addi went and crawled into bed on her own and we didn't hear from her until 7:00 this morning. The wild partying wore them out!

8 comments:

Remy said...

Still so sad that we couldn't make it :( He is getting so big and and is so cute! Can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

i love to cake, i think you did a great job. looks like fun.

Jennings said...

We had a great time at the party. Jackson not liking the cake was the best part of the party!!!

Anonymous said...

Great Party, was good to see family and friends. Can't believe Jacko want eat cake. You need to check his genes!

Papa

Anonymous said...

In the pictures, your fire truck cake looks as red as you wished it! Shall I bring some ice cream for Jackson to try to make sure he belongs to you?

It was a wonderful party that Jackson will remember through pictures.

G-Mom

The Jesters said...

Your fire truck cake looked awesome, Tricia! I can't understand how Jackson can possibly dislike cake - but hopefully the ice cream test will eventually prove that he belongs to you and Jeff!

Tressa said...

Happy Birthday Jackson!!! It looks like he had a great time. Funny video!

And Trish, the cake looks amazing--I dont know what you're talking about!

Anonymous said...

I am officially updated on the Lives of the Durands! I love your blog- pictures, comments- you're one amazing momma! I think about you a lot and I'd love to see you soon if you're ever in Waco?!?! By the way- you MADE that cake? You've got to be kidding me. I just made chicken for the first time last week. I have a ways to go, don't I?