8.12.2009

And We're Having A...

baby!

Today we had our "big" sonogram which actually really is a lot less exciting when you ask the sono tech to maintain the baby's privacy. We didn't even take a peak between It's legs so we really don't know what we're having.

And we can't even change our minds and find out now either. She didn't even look. She doesn't know and our dr. doesn't know.

It's kinda weird but I'm officially excited.

Addi wasn't much impressed by seeing the baby on TV. She still insists it's a boy but she was rather bored seeing all of "his!!!" body parts on the screen. Jackson, on the other hand, didn't take his eyes off the screen the entire time. He loved seeing It's feet and hands and beating heart.

The doctor did look over everything and she said the baby looks great. It's growing right on track with our January 9th due date. The kids liked visiting with the doctor and I'm sure she was amused with their arguing about what we were having. Here's how the conversation went:

Dr: Addi, do you want a brother or a sister?

A: A BROTHER! It's a BOY!! I already KNOW!

J: NO! It's a sister! I want a sister!

A: Well, we're having both anyways.

Dr: No. I don't think so. There's only ONE baby in there, Addi.

A: Oh, I know that, Dr. ******. After my mom grows this baby brother (with a glare aimed at Jackson), she's going to grow another baby in her tummy next. THAT one can be a sister.

Dr: Is that the plan then?

Me: She'll have to convince her daddy first.

A: Daddy, I love you. Can we have two babies?

2 comments:

The Jesters said...

That's hilarious. Poor Jeff is getting ganged up on! :)

Papa Walt said...

Jeff was ganged up on when he married Tricia!

Bet that was one entertaining visit for the Dr. and who knows maybe they are missing one and everyone can be right.
It was pointed out to Jeff yesterday that once you get past two, the size car required to carry three will easily accommodate 4-5 so why stop with three, the more the merrier.