
I'll never eat another.
Well, probably not anyways.
Let me just tell you a little story.
Sit back and relax. Grab a glass of milk and some OREO cookies. But for goodness sake, do not eat any Nilla Wafers!
You ready?
Yesterday morning, Addi was back to her old trick of stealing food from the pantry. This time, she stole Nilla Wafers. I found the open box next to the open bag when I prepared their breakfast yesterday morning.
I didn't make a big deal of it for several reasons.
1. We had special company
2. There was a small chance that my Father-in-law had gotten into them and forgot to close up the package.
But, now I know that it was Addi who stole the cookies even though she denied it at the time.
She started having a tummy ache during the afternoon and I really didn't know what that was all about. Didn't even think about the cookies.
Today, I broke rule #4: NEVER sleep when there are kids awake and able to move about the house. I fell asleep on the couch during nap time.
Addi hadn't fallen asleep but I really, really thought she'd stay quietly in her room today. It really seemed that's how things were going to shape up.
Turns out, the little criminal was just waiting for an opportunity to get some more Nilla Wafers.
Every time I type "Nilla Wafers" I accidently type "Nilla Wafters" and have to go back to delete the "t." Pretty annoying.
But anyways....
When Addi tried to sneak back into her room with a handful of Nilla Wafers, my super-mom senses picked up on something not being right in the house and I woke up to catch her red-handed!
I relieved her of her cookies and sent her to her room.
Then I ate a cookie. BIG mistake.
It tasted soooooooooo nasty. I wondered what on earth that child had on her hands to make the cookie taste so bad. I spent a few minutes spitting in into the sink and rinsing my mouth clean of the nastiness.
But daggumit, I was really craving a Nilla Wafer by that time so I grabbed a fresh one out of the box.
If possible, it tasted even worse. I spent several minutes doing some things in our kitchen sink that I won't talk about on here. You can guess but I'll never say it.
What was wrong with those cookies?
I checked the box. Seemed okay.
Then I read the expiration date.
Then I revisited the sink for a lot of minutes. I'll spare you the details of that.
Best if used by date: April of 2006!
That's three whole years ago!
That's an entire year before Jackson was even born!
That's the year we moved to Granbury!
Addi wasn't even 1 year old when these things expired!
I mean, seriously! I'm getting sick just thinking about it and it's NO WONDER that Addi tummy hurt yesterday. No telling how many of those things she ate.
That'll teach her to steal food though.
That'll also teach me to bring home a half box of Nilla Wafers with the intention of making Banana Pudding for Jeff for his birthday.
Sorry babe, it ain't happenin' this year. You'll have to make due with chocolate something or other. Unless, of course, you're willing to eat banana pudding without the wafers. Then I'll make you some. Maybe.
4 comments:
Oh my goodness how horrible!! I bet they did taste so nasty. But I cant help to wonder- why in the world did she want to keep eating the nasty cookies? I guess those are better than nothing?
I'm Guilty!!! I'm Guilty!!! I ate one Oreo cookie while you were napping. Please don't blame Addi if the count on the Oreo's isn't correct. I would hate for her to be blamed for what I ate...
MIL
Are you sure it was just one! Addison probably saw you sneaking that cookie, she has learned from two of the best, only she gets in trouble for doing it.
I agree with Uncle Walt - 2 sneaky parents = sneaky kids! :) But since you know the drill, you're onto her!
Post a Comment