8.23.2009

Curious George

Yesterday, my MIL and I took the kids to the library. Addi listens to her favorite book Stellaluna on the computer over and over, but Jackson likes to read at least 30 books while we're there. He kept bringing me books to read to him until our pile was just huge. I'm sure the librarians love us! Towards the end, he found a Curious George book and brought it to me, but this time he wanted to read to me. He sat down across from me and opened the book to the first page to start "reading." Here's how Jackson's Curious George story goes:

"Dis is George. He's a turious widdle monkey. But don't be too turious! De End."

(This is George. He's a curious little monkey. But don't be too curious! The end.)

He read it to me three times and said the exact same thing every time. The boy loves him some Curious George and I hope I never forget his sweet little voice reading to me yesterday. I just wanted to melt. He melts me at least 10 times a day. Ahhh, that boy. He's definitely my favorite boy!

2 comments:

Papa Walt said...

He must take after his Uncle Kyle, I remember him reading a book to me about about whales one day. I wasn't sure if he was actually reading or just had memorized the story from his mother reading it to him several times. He was (is) so smart and had a terrific memory. Not a bad role model for Jackson.

Mandy said...

How precious!