8.08.2009

Help, please.

You probably know by now that we're expecting a new baby.

I'll call the baby "It." I hate when people call their baby "it" but right now it is still an it.

As a matter of fact, "It" will remain "It" until it's born because we're not finding out what we're having.

Jeff, it's in print--we're not finding out. No more not agreeing to my way.

See? I always get my way. Plus, he already mostly agreed.

So anyways, since we're not finding out, we can't call It a "him" or "her."

I thought about "The Rock" but really, that would never do. What if It comes out a girl and she finds out we called her "The Rock?" Don't think she'd like that much.

I digress. I'm aware that I do that a lot. Sorry.

So It will be sharing a room with Addi when it's born. No matter the sex, it's going to share a room with Addi. Jackson's just too crazy and I don't quite trust him with a baby. If it's a boy, he'll eventually move into Jackson's room when they're both big enough to handle it. If it's a girl, she'll stay in Addi's room.

The problem is, we have two cribs and neither match Addi's pretty room. They'd both stick out like a sore thumb in there and that's just not happening. But we're absolutely not buying a third crib. That'd be plain crazy. And we're currently saving up for a camera anyways.

All that to say, I want to paint Addi's crib to look pretty in her room. When I say "I want to paint..." what I really mean is I want to have it painted.

I wouldn't know whether to sand it or not. Besides, I always leave those little drip marks when I paint and that will never do. I mean It's already getting a hand-me-down crib and sharing a room. At the very least, I have to make sure the crib looks nice.

So, do any of you fine readers have experience painting furniture and do you want to paint a crib?

I'll pay...

5 comments:

ThePoeFam said...

First of all, SO fun that you're not finding out! That's my dream!...to have a girl next and not find out with our third! :) ....And, about the crib...we spray painted Q's and it turned out great...No drip marks! Good luck!

Lauren said...

I first painted Caleb's without sanding...bad idea. I was literally able to peel off the coat of beautiful white paint. Then we sanded and repainted. A few drip marks, but still beautiful!
We used that new Behr paint with the primer in it since the wood was dark cherry.

The Jesters said...

I guess it makes sense not to find out with this one, since you already have all the little girl & little boy stuff you need. Of course if Jeff finds out one way or the other, I fully expect him to tell me so I don't have to be in suspense! :)

Papa Walt said...

Since you cross dressed Jackson, maybe you refer to your baby as a himmer, herhim, shehe, heshe. I personaly like himmer and we can reserve that for a nickname when "it" hits the ground running.

Can't wait for the day.

Jennings said...

I know you did not ask what you should call your baby... but that would have been the better question because I don't know much about painting:) but knowing what to call a baby that you don't know the sex of... well our little Caroline was..... "baby J" until she was born, then a little longer because Greg kept forgetting to call her Caroline;)