Usually it's pancakes or french toast. Every once in a while, I cook while Jeff's at work and on those mornings, we call our friends over to join us. Most of the time, they've already eaten but sometimes somebody will come over for breakfast.
Hot, fresh, fluffy pancakes are always better in a crowd. It's just how they should be eaten. And you should always, always drink a glass of chocolate milk with them.
Even better is when the phone rings right around 8:00 and it's one of those friends inviting us over for breakfast. I love those days because I get a hot breakfast and chocolate milk and a crowd without having to dirty up my dishes.
Today was one of those days. This morning, we walked 4 houses down to eat sweet potato pancakes with our friends. We didn't even waste time getting dressed...just tossed on some flip-flops and walked down the street in our jammies.
We live on a quiet street so it's okay to go out in our PJs sometimes. At 8:00 in the morning, there's not a soul in sight unless it's somebody getting their newspaper...and that person would be in pajamas, too.
This morning, I should have put some sweats and a t-shirt on at least. That's because we had to walk home and our street is busier than usual today.
You see, our neighborhood got hit by a hail storm a couple of months ago and it just so happens that two of our neighbors are getting new roofs today. Of course, those guys were hard at work and not paying any attention to me and the kids walking down the street. They were actually working on the backside of both houses and couldn't even see us.
Until...
Until...
Until the kids started yelling "Hi guys! Hi roofing guys! Hi! Hey up there! Hey guys!" over and over until they all walked up to the top of the roof to look down and say hi to the crazy kids yelling up to them.
I tried to stop them. I did. I said "Hush! Be quiet! Who can beat me home? Last one home is a rotten egg." and lots more like that. But they didn't listen--just kept yelling and yelling.
Not only were the kids causing a scene in the street (it could've been cute), but I'm standing there in my non-maternity pajama pants and tank top. I'm not one of those prego people that wears clothes to flaunt the bare pregnant belly. I just can't do it. But my belly has most definitely outgrown my tank top and it was embarrassing. Not to mention the incredibly horrible bed hair I wear in the mornings.
I won't ever walk down the street in my pajamas again. And I'm not leaving the house for the rest of the day until that roof is finished.
There are no pictures to go along with this post. But I do have some funny pics of my sister-in-law that I'll be posting soon : )
4 comments:
Funny story - I can picture it. Are you trying to get your sisters-in-law to call you (to see which one is going to be the star of your next post)? Is it a blackmail kind of pic?
Mom
This is great, such an exhibitionist you are! I am sure the "roof guys" thought this was hilarious and laughed about it all day.
As adorable as your family is, I am quite sure that the "roofing guys" were glad that they were noticed so early in the morning.
I cannot possibly imagine you ever looking bad even if you just got out of bed. You are one of those people who are naturally bautiful!
now it is time for you to remember the words to Leslie previously. Memories! Appearances don't matter.
Aunt Sue
Post a Comment