9.07.2009

Several Weeks Ago at PK

Finally. Finally!

I finally caught a striper at Possum Kingdom. I've been hearing fishing stories for years, but they were just that...fishing stories. I've never seen any of the action to back them up.

A couple of weeks ago, we spent several days at the lake with Jeff's folks and we fished quite a bit while we were there. 6:00 AM the first morning found us on the boat down-rigging for striper. Now, I don't know a lot about down-rigging except that I don't like it.

The kids share my opinion on getting up early to go down-rigging.

But guess what? It is a tiny bit exciting when one of those rods pops out of the holder indicating that you've got a fish on. We caught two!

That's two more than I've seen caught out there in the last 7 years. Big improvement.

Cheered us right up.

But the next day we decided to do some real fishing though--the kind where you cast and reel and all that stuff. The white bass were biting like crazy and were in a feeding frenzy every morning. They're not huge, but we sure did catch a lot of them and it was FUN! Lots more fun than down-rigging for sure.

Addi had her first completely independent catch that morning. She cast her lure, set the hook, and reeled it right into the boat...all by herself!!! She really was excited, promise.


Guess who caught the biggest fish? I'll give you three hints:
1. It was an adult.
2. It was someone who got the Durand name by marriage.
3. Susie did not fish. If she had, she would have most definitely caught the biggest fish. She almost always does.

Figure it out yet?

Last hint:

I know it's hard to tell in the picture, but Jeff IS holding up a fish. It's just that his fish is so tiny that you can hardly see it. I was telling him to hold it out closer to the camera so that it would look bigger.

Because of my great skill in reeling in my super-dee-duper secret special lure, I caught the biggest fish of the week. I won nothing.

But that's okay.

Because I've got this great man as a husband and he loves to take me out fishing whenever we can. And that's what makes me the winner.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right about having a great husband. I'm glad you have fun together - or at least I guess Jeff has fun. I know you do!

Mom

Anonymous said...

was your special lure the one that came out of kate's belly???

The Jesters said...

The Durand women are awesome! Go You for catching the biggest fish, and Go Addi for fishing by herself!